Unfriended: A Geek and Stud Romance by Deana Farrady

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TraceySab11488
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 68">Silver and Chrome</a>
Currently Reading: Seeing Stars
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-traceysab11488.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Unfriended: A Geek and Stud Romance by Deana Farrady

Post by TraceySab11488 »

Unfriended: A Geek and Stud Romance (Love in Book 1)
By: Deana Farrady

Asher:
Asher is a triple threat. He has the looks, the personality and the intelligence (A soon to be college graduate who already owns his own LLC). He is the definition of the man every woman wants but only few can obtain. Asher has two people in his life who complete him, his girlfriend and his best friend.
Asher's girlfriend, Aura, is the definition of beautiful. She has the curves and the looks but ultimately, she lacks self-confidence and does not have a personality to compliment her beauty.
Asher's best friend, Charis, is the complete opposite of Aura. However, what brought the two to become best friends was their ability to connect on an intellectual level and their ability to be themselves with one another.
Charis:
Asher is the man of Charis's dreams but knows that nothing would happen between the two of them. They are best friends who are strictly platonic and that she is not his type physically. She is slender and lacks the curves Asher desires.
Since Asher is in a long term, committed relationship of many years, Charis agrees to a marriage of convenience. However, Asher was not aware of this. On the drunken night, Charis tells him that she is engaged to be married.
Once Asher finds out who she is engaged to, he is enraged. Asher is determined to stop the wedding from happening but can Asher accomplish this? Can a platonic friendship turn in to more without judgement? Can Charis have her happily ever after with Asher?

I give this book a 3 out of 4 stars. This is the first book that I have read from Deana Farrady and while I enjoyed the book thoroughly and plan on reading more of her work, there are details which hindered me from giving the book 4 stars. I would like to note that there were very few grammatical errors which I was able to overlook and had no effect on the quality of the book. Some issues I do have pertain to the development of characters. I would have liked to know more about Charis and how she came to develop Asher as her best friend when she was friends with Asher's sister first. I would have liked to have known how Charis and Asher's sister became friends. I would have liked to have known more about Asher's company and how his first patent was produced. Then there is the question as to what was it that Charis's fiancé wanted so badly which he was entering in to a sham marriage for. Even after finishing the book, I still wonder what could have been of such importance. These are just a few examples, I will not include others because I do not want to reveal anything further about the book. There were also some events which occurred in the book which I found irrelevant and were very descriptive making it hard to push through. Overall though, I fully enjoyed the whole concept of two individuals who come from two very different up bringing's, an older woman/younger man and a platonic friendship which turns to love. The book definitely seemed something along the lines of something that could occur in real life and that is something that I like. The sense of possibility is definitely alluring. I highly recommend this book to individuals who are fans of Romance Novels.
Shahina Hussain
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Shahina Hussain »

Romantic
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

GREAT REVIEW. I THINK I WILL BE CHECKING THIS OUT FORSURE.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”