Review of Monarchy

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annabell Samuel
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabell-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Hoplites of Leith by Gordon George Kinghorn

Review of Monarchy

Post by Annabell Samuel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Monarchy" by Shirleen Moore.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Destiny is a powerful thing. Many people have made some decisions not knowing that they were being led in the direction of destiny. Sophia, the protagonist in "Monarch(y)," finds herself in this situation.

Sophia's 16th birthday was around the corner. Before then, she received a letter to join the Royal Magic Academy, as her magical powers had attracted the academy's attention. Meanwhile, she was in a romantic dilemma. She had to decide between Ben and Rick. Ben was an ordinary young man who had loved Sophia for many years. Rick met Sophia at the academy and liked her. Sophia was leading them on, as none had made any official proposal for a serious relationship. She had to make a critical decision about her love life while figuring out what destiny had in store for her.

I want to thank the author for this book. The storyline is simple, and the plot execution is good. The author does not focus on many magical displays to distract the reader from the book's main theme. The few occasions magic is used are necessary to help the reader appreciate that aspect of the plot. For instance, I like the few times Rick tries to show Sophia the extent of her magical powers.

For young adult readers, this book will fascinate them. It has everything that will make it worth their reading time. There's a 16-year-old confused about who to love. There's also the magical aspect that will appeal to their fantasies. However, older readers might not be enthused, as there are no mind-challenging aspects.

I was not "blown away" by the narrative. It even felt rushed towards the end, and I was confused with the transition. The process of Sophia's final decision on whom to date was not palpable. I was taken unawares. Also, I found many errors in the book. This book would benefit from another round of editing. Finally, I was almost confused about who the author was. On the book's first page, I saw David Moore, while I saw Shirleen Moore on the second page. This confusion should also be cleared.

Considering everything I've said, I rate "Monarch(y)" three out of five stars. One point is deducted for the rushed ending and confusing transition, and another point is deducted because of the number of errors in the book. I recommend this book to young readers who enjoy teen romance and magical stories.

Monarchy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Krishna Cs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Krishna Cs »

It is good story. Destiny is powerful thing Many people have confused to take a decision in our life.Teenagers must read this The author Annabell samuel is great

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”