Review of Trouble In The Triangle

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 782
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Quest: Finding Freddie by Thomas Richard Spradlin

Review of Trouble In The Triangle

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Trouble In The Triangle" by Lisa Hedge.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jen Patterson is in the middle of getting a divorce from her husband, who lives in the Middle East with her best friend, Katie. After an incident at the hospital where Jen works as an oncology nurse, she quits her job and goes into real estate with Danny McCann, an avid fan of the Green Bay Packers, who owns a mortgage company. With everything going on and her son leaving for college soon, Jen feels lonely and unloved, which impacts the mental health issues that she has kept under control for years. Dr. Brett Harmon steps in to help her. Does he help or make things worse? Why did Jen quit her nursing job? What impact does Danny have on her? Grab a copy of Trouble In The Triangle by Lisa Hedge to find out.

One of my favorite aspects of this book is Lisa Hedge's writing style. In simple and easy-to-understand language, she focused on the intense feelings of the characters that controlled them. She gave each character a unique and easily recognizable personality, allowing me to remember them as she moved between them. I could easily visualize Lambeau, a Saint Bernard dog, as he tossed slobbers everywhere. I enjoyed Lisa's combination of the romance and crime thriller genres, as it kept me more curious about how things would play out. Each chapter flowed smoothly into the next in this well-written book.

Overall, the character development was good, except for Sam's. Sam is introduced as someone searching for his mother, but he is never mentioned again. Even though I knew who his mother was, I would have liked to have known if he was reunited with her. Besides this, I did not encounter any other negative aspects in this book.

I gave this professionally edited book 5 out of 5 stars because it is well-written, and the positive aspects far outweigh the negative. I did not deduct any stars for the negative aspect mentioned above because it is a personal preference that other readers may overlook, and it did not affect my reading enjoyment.

Although the sexual content is not overly descriptive, it does pertain to pedophiles and BDSM. Because of this sexual content, the drug and alcohol abuse, and the non-borderline profanity, I recommend this book to mature adults who enjoy reading books with themes about mental health issues, murders, and romance. You may also want to avoid this book if you find religious content offensive or if you have ever been physically, psychologically, or sexually abused.

Trouble In The Triangle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Leona Rodrigues
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Come What May by Marie Fostino
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

The review is absolutely great, highlighting all the pros and cons in detail! As an all-time Romance book lover, this definitely goes into my want-to-read list!
You may not be the center of the entire world, but you are the center of your own world.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”