Official Review: Vengeance (Tip of the Spear Book 2)

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Official Review: Vengeance (Tip of the Spear Book 2)

Post by Sally_Heart »

Amazing review. I just started reading book 1. Can't wait to finish and start this book.
Goodnews Eniefiok
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodnews-eniefiok.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Goodnews Eniefiok »

Sounds like a wonderful story, and you also did a great job in the review
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

A story of a woman kidnapped by terrorists to get to her husband sounds interesting. I like that the woman isn't your typical damsel in distress. Those types of women irritate me. Congrats on being BOTD
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I read the first book in this series, and though I enjoyed certain aspects of it, I felt the ending was rather lackluster. After reading your review, I don't feel any need to continue reading the series. The first book wrapped things up pretty well, so I don't feel any great need to continue on with Layla's story. I'm glad the author touches on important themes, but from reading the last book, I know what you mean about things falling into place too easily and feeling unrealistic. I think I'll pass on this one, but I'm glad you enjoyed this book!
strike-aster
Currently Reading: The War of Words
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by strike-aster »

Sounds like a good story. It is quite interesting and intriguing as well. It described a lot of feelings and emotions. We can learn a lot from it. It has unique plot and characters. Thanks for sharing this to us.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Layla is kidnapped by Iranian terrorists just when she put her past behind her? Poor woman. I didn't read the first one and don't think I will read this one, as it isn't my preferred genre. I am glad you enjoyed the book, though. Thank you!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Poor Layla's taken again! Now married and with a child? She can't catch a break! It's great to hear that the characters here are well balanced and that the aspect of terrorism is handled well. Too bad about how things fell into place too quickly and almost unrealistically. I read the first one and found that this storyline wasn't for me, but I'm glad that you were able to enjoy this read!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

Belle Ami has done a great thing in writing a novel of this type; one that deals with terrorism. Thanks for the review.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
GCamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gcamer.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by GCamer »

I love strong female characters! The plot does seem like a 'damsel in distress' but it sounds like the author gave a depth in the theme. I agree with you that there will always be extremists in every country, but it is not the attitude of each person. Thanks for the great review.
conniejean
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 93">Living Through 2016</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by conniejean »

The story is very good and exiting. Thanks for the good review.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an excellent sequel to Escape and made me rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. Congrats #BOTD
Excellent review highlighting the plot without giving away too much.
Perfect Ndlovu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 341">Puffy and the Formidable Foe</a>
Currently Reading: Alphabet Motivation
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Perfect Ndlovu »

Sounds like an owesome book.i can't wait to read it.thanks for the great review.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

Your review has broken many perceptions of mine, regarding this book. The cover is certainly not the correct representation of everything this book has to offer. While on the surface it feels like fifty shades of grey, in substance(as your review presents) it feels more than that. Thank you for the review.
Aroma st Andrews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 160819">My Trip To Adele</a>
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Aroma st Andrews »

You elaboted it well and I now understand it's a stand alone book...thought I had to read the first one before it which is not the case.Nice review and I can't wait to read this one too.

-- 13 Oct 2017, 07:25 --

You elaboted it well and I now understand it's a stand alone book...thought I had to read the first one before it which is not the case.Nice review and I can't wait to read this one too.

-- 13 Oct 2017, 07:26 --

You elaboted it more and I now understand it's a stand alone book...thought I had to the first one be it which is not the case.Nice review
Reuben 92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Bookshelf Size: 827
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reuben-92.html
Latest Review: "The Piketty Problem" by Garth Hallberg

Post by Reuben 92 »

This book doesn't quite grab my attention, but thanks for your great review!
"Every reader is, while he is reading, the reader of his own self. The writer's work is merely a kind of optical instrument which he offers to the reader to enable him to discern what...he would perhaps never have perceived in himself."
Proust
Latest Review: "The Piketty Problem" by Garth Hallberg

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”