Review by Jebolina -- Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jebolina
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jebolina.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Jebolina -- Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris

Post by Jebolina »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is a fictional romance novel.Which is portrayed by two major persons Jonathan and Marion.The story is in a narrative format,of the experiences of a duo in a relationship.These experiences were portrayed by the author using different time lines of the past and the present.Neverthelss there seems to be a form of lack cohesion between the chapters thus breaking the flow of information of the duo's relationship.This resulted from the changes in the time lines between the present and the past in between the chapters in the book.But objectively these changes spiced up the whole work.

In the case of this book it's the age difference between Jonathan and Marion as well as class difference,because Marion was Jonathans' teacher.Breaking Sandcastles also depicts a picture of a real relationship as well as some of the consequences attached with a love affair.Though there was a strong bond between Jonathan and Marion,Belladonna's presence poses as an obstruction.Thus Marion and Bella were not in good terms with each other in the story.These events show that there was an initial love between Jonathan and Bella.But the new feeling of attraction between Jonathan and Marion had a greater degree of love that was premium and genuine.These events also proofs that love has no barrier and in many circumstances could stand the test of time.

It is very interesting and entertaining.The author takes the readers' mind through the past and the present with eloquent presentations of events as they unfold.The author highlights Marion as a teacher,where Jonathan is a student of hers'.They fall in love with one another,despite their social differences.They both fought against all the obstacles that could erode or contaminate their love,and eventually got married.Jonathan died of cardiac arrest while his wife died after his death.Despite her being 11 years older than him,she outlived him.

When one is reading Breaking Sandcastles one cannot predict upcoming events thus making the book highly intriguing from the beginning to the end.Marion struggled within her,telling herself that a relationship with someone like Jonathan who is younger than her would not work out.But as I read more I found Marion ready to embrace the idea of a relationship with Jonathan.A relationship between a lovely teacher and a handsome student (who was an artist),which proofed beyond all odds to be worth while.The relationship spawned into a long lasting one.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it had no grammatical nor spelling error.And it was very interesting and captivating showing a sort of a "love triangle" between Belladonna,Jonathan Duquesne and Marion Kelly.There are lots of laughs in Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris and there were some other areas that made me sad.

Breaking Sandcastles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jebolina's review? Post a comment saying so!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Humor and drama in a Romeo-and-Juliet love story! Count me in.

Thanks, Jebolina, for sharing your reading experience.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Nice review. It sounds that full of thrill yet I am easily disturb when past and present event keep crossing the scene.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Jebolina
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jebolina.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jebolina »

Miriam Molina wrote:Humor and drama in a Romeo-and-Juliet love story! Count me in.

Thanks, Jebolina, for sharing your reading experience.
:tiphat: You are welcome dear.Have fun.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”