The Secret Life Of Book Club By Heather Woodhaven

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Secret Life Of Book Club By Heather Woodhaven

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Inspirational Romance

Best Ever Book Club 1

STORY-LINE THE SECRET LIFE OF BOOK CLUB BY HEATHER WOODHAVEN:

In The Secret Life of Book Club, four neighbors formed a book club two years ago. Living life day-to-day, same old, same old, Jeanine decides to mix things up. Suggesting each week, rather than read about adventure, they should participate in an adventure. Something each woman had wanted and never done. So, Anne, Paula, Jeanine, and Kate set out on an adventure of renewal, discovery, and perhaps, deep lasting friendship. But things will become complicated before long as family dynamics and relationships come into play. My inspirational romance book reviews of The Secret Life Of Book Club follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Heather Woodhaven created an intensely introspective story in The Secret Life Of Book Club. Each woman's family, dreams, past, and problems, high-lighted skillfully by Woodhaven, made a book I could not put down. The four find, although neighbors and members of the same neighborhood book club, they did not really know each other. Whether single mothers, harassed mothers, divorced, or just plain taken for granted, each woman will find encouragement, renewal, and companionship. They find the rut they're stick in, is no more; they learn to live life rather than exist day-to-day in the endless round of domesticity.

At times funny, I laughed out loud; then other times in tears, as Woodhaven skillfully developed the story-line. Heather Woodhaven aptly penned the rut we can all get into as we journey through marriage and friendship; life can become dull, boring, and the same day after day as we battle through. Woodhaven skillfully shows there is much more to life and we should live life to the fullest each day. Live to the fullest, these ladies do, as they try things I never would have thought about. But at home family dynamics came in to play; drama, male mid-life crisis, taco trucks, police chases, decisions made that can not be unmade, and so much more. Woodhaven skillfully matured and renewed the characters through it all as she packed this story with emotion; revealing secrets, ambitions, and forming lasting bonds.

With well-rounded believable characters, plotting which will hold you spell-bound, and pacing perfect for the length of the book, I found The Secret Life Of Book Club a wonderful read. Woodhaven's scenes transitioned smoothly from scene to scene; each chapter's dedicate to one of the ladies. I found myself involved in their lives, felt their emotional highs and lows, and found myself rooting for each one of these ladies. What a story! Go ahead and get the box of Kleenex ready, as you will need them. I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend. This is a clean read suitable for anyone.

THE SECRET LIFE OF BOOK CLUB RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I borrowed this book from ----------- and received this book from the author. I chose to voluntarily review the book with honest contemporary inspirational romance book reviews. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, no one influences my voluntary contemporary inspirational romance book reviews.
Shahina Hussain
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Shahina Hussain »

Interesting
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

Oooh, I need to read this one! There is nothing better than a book bringing you through multiple emotions! Plus, I love reading about others whom love reading. I feel a kinship with characters like that. I also like when the author dedicated each chapter to a character. Thanks for the review!
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

You will love this book!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”