Review by Sysybombaya -- Escape by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sysybombaya
Currently Reading: Cocktails and Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sysybombaya.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B01HMN15UQ

Review by Sysybombaya -- Escape by Belle Ami

Post by Sysybombaya » 10 Sep 2017, 03:27

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Escape by Belle Ami is an action-romance novel set in the Middle East. A love story between the two characters who are in the battle for survival. This novel lets us readers imagine how romance arouses in the middle of danger. A fight for love and life.

Layla Rose Wallace a Harvard student together with his Saudi boyfriend they went on vacation to Dubai. When their expected plan was ruined because the two of them was kidnapped and brought to Iran. Cyrus Hassani an assistant deputy of secretive Intel organization was tasked to save Layla and bring her home safely. Cyrus was to deal this situation very carefully because not just the life of Layla has been at stake, but also the relationship between the two countries in the Middle East. When Cyrus first laid his eyes towards Layla he felt something special that making their escape more difficult.

When I started reading the first chapter of the story the message was not clear. There are lots of technical words that were used in order to support the story. Maybe because it was intended to portray an action setting. The author used on one of the places in Middle East give me an understanding that she borrows some of their words to give more emphasis to the story. However, when I read the following chapters the story line was already clear. The creative use of words to emphasize actions was unique. The title itself gives justice to what the story is all about.

The theme of the story is like a damsel in distress. A beautiful and innocent lady that was captured and waiting for his hero to save her. Well, that was very clear on the story, but the use of romance, which make it more pleasing. Moreover, the character of Cyrus gives the idea that love is powerful. He can do anything just to save Layla. Even though the span of time that they spent together was very short. From the kidnapping to saving it was all unexpected that in the end they will fall for each other.

I rate Escape 4 out of 4 stars. The story was well organized. The entrance of the new characters doesn't ruin the flow of the story. Although it was a typical story the presence of romance was very effective. The author really delivers the exact imagination of romance she wants us to feel. I highly recommend this story to those persons who thinks love cannot prosper in the middle of danger.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Sysybombaya's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”