Roadtrip to Redemption By Laurie Larsen

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Roadtrip to Redemption By Laurie Larsen

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Pawleys Island Paradise Book 1

STORY-LINE ROADTRIP TO REDEMPTION BY LAURIE LARSEN:

Leslie Malone just received her finalized divorce papers which divide her former life into bits and pieces. Her teaching position's in summer recess and her daughters in Paris. Now summer looms lonely and long ahead of her. She decides to take a road trip to the beach in South Carolina. A place she loved as a child. Driving from Pennsylvania to Pawley Island, Leslie hopes to find peace; she prays for God's protection and guidance. Leslie's faith in God, will lead her on an awesome journey through Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, to her final destination in South Carolina. A journey of enlightenment, peace, and discovery.

Hank Harrison's a quite man who has carried a heavy burden; for years he has withheld forgiveness. Unable to forgive his son for deeds which cost Hank everything, he's ask God's help. Meeting Leslie, Hanks knows God has answered his prayers with her appearance in his life.

Neither of these two are looking for a relationship. However, God has set in motion a divine plan of redemption. All they need do is listen and follow God's message. My inspirational romance book review of Roadtrip To Redemption follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

In book 1 of the Pawleys Island Paradise series, Roadtrip To Redemption, Laurie Larsen created a story of two hurting people who need to heal. Creating characters who suffered deep emotional trauma, Larsen fully developed each to their full potential. Through this powerful story of middle age love, forgiveness for past crimes, and renewal of spirit, Larson shows how the mighty hand of God will enrich our lives if we allow him to complete his work without interference.

Leslie questions: who am I without my husband and daughter by my side; what is my identity now that the marriage is over and my daughter has left the nest? Leslie, possessing faith, belief in answered prayers, and communicating with God, developed slowly throughout the story. She came from questioning to a solid foundation of faith and trust in answered prayers and spiritual guidance.

Traveling to find peace and clarity, Leslie meets many individuals on her travels; each with a need. She quickly realizes a short sincere prayer to God will provide the answer for any situation; and she realizes God has a plan and he is working it out. But she must allow God to carry out His plan. As humans we have a hard time with this concept, as did Leslie. She falters, but quickly realizes her error and allows God to work.

Hank's eaten alive with anger and guilt. He's angry because of what happened to him and guilty because he can't grant forgiveness. He can not find peace even though he prayed long and hard. Hank's a good man, a southern gentleman, a man of faith, who always worked hard to provide for his family. Yet, when his life fell apart, he could not find the ability to forgive. Hank finds God works in mysterious ways when Leslie comes into his life. He recognizes immediately she's the one to help him resolve and lay the angry guilt aside; enabling him to grant forgiveness to his son.

Larsen skillfully demonstrates bestowing forgiveness to the guilty party's easier said than done; as well as, the concept that until we forgive we can have no reconciliation. They go hand in hand and without those two there is no redemption. Simple, yet hard at the same time. Laurie Larsen skillfully demonstrated this principle.

I loved watching the romance slowly evolve from friendship to love between Hank and Leslie. Neither looking for romance, Hank was ready for love long before Leslie. Leslie found the old adages, "you are never to old to fall in love" and "love never happens too quickly" very true. Roadtrip To Redemption's a sweet, clean, inspirational, romance, grabbed me immediately and did not let go. By the end of the book, I felt I had found new friends in the small town of Pawleys Island and the quaint Seaside Inn. Larsen's created an original story line filled with believable and likable characters. The plot's entertaining, and the pacing steady and smooth. Laurie Larsen's Roadtrip To Redemption's a relaxing feel good story. I closed my E reader with a sigh of satisfaction. I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend.
ROADTRIP TO REDEMPTION RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE

Additionally, I borrowed this book from ------ and received this book from the author. I chose to voluntarily review the book with honest inspirational romance book reviews. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, no one influences my voluntary inspirational romance book reviews.
eleh Micheal
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by eleh Micheal »

I love this!
Shahina Hussain
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Shahina Hussain »

Loved this review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”