Preacher Man By Laurie Larsen

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Preacher Man By Laurie Larsen

Post by Birdlady1950 »

EPIC AWARD-WINNER THE BEST SPIRITUAL ROMANCE OF 2010

STORY-LINE PREACHER MAN BY LAURIE LARSEN:

Regan Samuels and Josh Gregory have starring roles in awarding winning author Laurie Larsen's Preacher Man; a sweet clean inspirational romance, Regan's divorced after fifteen years of marriage, raising a hormonal teenager, and doing her best to build a new life for them from the scraps left of her former life. Befuddled by how it happened, her best friend Liz, talks her into participating in a charity date auction. Humiliation does not begin to describe how Regan felt as she awkwardly stood on the stage waiting for a bidder. Unfortunately, the only bidder pays $50.00 for a date with Regan.

Josh Gregory's the only bidder for the date with Regan. After arranging the details, Josh shows up on motorcycle of all things. At her age, Regan's far from ready to climb on this death machine. But, climb on she does. Josh and Regan hit it off; then he drops a bomb shell. He's a Christian and a Minister. Regan does not attend church nor feel close to God; oh, she believes God exist, but has not accepted him nor his care and love for her.

Two polar opposites attracted from the first date, Josh and Amber slowly advance. Josh is looking for a wife; a partner in life and his ministry. Regan's still dealing with the impact of the divorce, has many insecurities, and knows she is not worthy; she's just not suitable for a Minister. For she has secrets she's hiding which will greatly impact any relationship she and Josh form. But, God has plans for these two opposites; come and enjoy my review of Preacher Man, as God places his hand on two lives. My inspirational romance book reviews of Preacher Man follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Laurie Larsen created an intensely emotional book, as well as, filling the story-line with laughter. From the first page I was hooked as Larsen sent a frightened, insecure, and awkward Regan out on the auction stage. What a funny scene she created in the beginning of the story. The conversations Regan has with herself are hilarious as well as, heart breaking. At times I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or do both at the same time.

Larsen's writing is vivid, crisp, fresh, and clear, as she leads us through this wonderful love story; a love story with many layers. She had no need of fluff or sex to full the pages; the story-line held me enthralled as I become involved in the characters lives. Larsen's characters are well-developed and full-bodied with pacing which never slowed.

With an original intriguing and believable plot, I found myself reading Preacher Man straight through. A story-line full of hurt, disappointment, guilt, and introspection by the characters, Laurie Larsen included sweet clean romance. The intrigue of Regan's secret's addictive. She held the secret close to her chest and did not reveal until the last possible moment. Larsen's scenes transitions smoothly from scene to scene and her writing flowed well.

Laurie Larsen created a character truly in need of God's love, grace, and forgiveness, in Roger, the ex-husband. He's opinionated, belittling, selfish, obnoxious, and a bully. His belittlement and bullying of Regan's heart wrenching. No wonder the son, Luke, had coping issues with their divorce and his present life situation.

I felt so sorry for Regan. Seeing the light bulb come on when her friend, worldly Liz, imparted her words of wisdom, amazed and awed me; Josh had tried to tell her the same thing. Regan, with all her insecurities, guilt, and haunted past is a wonderful character. I could relate to Regan's struggles with her teenage son; she questioned her decisions and delicately walked the parent tightrope. I loved watching Regan mature; Larsen led her gracefully to full realization with Luke, Josh and God.

I especially loved Josh's character. A good man dedicated to God, and serving through his ministry. Through Josh, Laurie Larsen skillfully explained even Christians have problems, hurts, and insecurities. She demonstrates belief in God, acceptance, and forgiveness, does not free us from the trials and troubles we will face. However, it gives us the resources to face them with grace and make good choices; knowing our Heavenly Father is an ever-present helper in times of trouble. This message's implied throughout the story.

I do not want you to think this is a pushy, preachy book, with nothing but scripture and advice, as it is not. Larsen with great skill weaved the messages of forgiveness, God's grace, and free choice, into this wonderful uplifting story. The scenes in the last 4 chapters are awesome, but please, do not cheat and read the ending first; it will spoil the story for you. I found Preacher Man an awesome inspiring inspirational romance which I highly recommend. I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend.

I know this is a long review, but I could not seem to stop; there's so much I wanted to say; without spoiling the story for you. Inspirational romance book reviews drive the literary and sales world, I hope my review of Preacher Man inspires you to buy this book. It's a great read for Christian and non-Christian alike; Epic award-winner of the 2010 Best Spiritual Romance.

PREACHER MAN RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

FINALLY PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with honest inspirational romance book reviews. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, no one influences my voluntary inspirational romance book reviews.
Amakus70
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amakus70 »

A must read for me. While reading through your review, the book came alive. It was as if l am seeing the film been played out. Thank you for the passion.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Thank you for your kind words.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”