Official Review: Temptation Trials Part I by B. Truly

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Re: Official Review: Temptation Trials Part I by B. Truly

Post by Sarah_Khan »

The plot of this book sounds like reality shows of today but with a few twists... seems like a great book for people who like stories where you have to fight for your love. I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to give it 4 out of 4 stars! Gold job on the review!
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

I got this book a while back, but I haven't read it. I have a ton on my shelf, and while your review was fine; it didn't sway me to read it any sooner. I like the romance and dystopian genres, but I think I'll pass on this one.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I don’t usually go for dystopian novels, but this one seems to have a unique perspective. I definitely wouldn’t want to have someone controlling my life like that. Great review!
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I wish you’d mentioned whether or not the erotic nature of this book is in excess or not, simply because I don’t care to read books that have way too much of that. Generally I’d prefer not to read it at all, but I can deal with it in small amounts if the book’s premise is good enough, which it sounds like this one might be. Marking it as a maybe read. Thanks for writing a review!
Shaat
Currently Reading: Rich Dad and Poor Dad
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Shaat »

This book seems to be a good one. I like this kind of stories also a regime that control and decided the marriage partners. Our families in subcontinent is just like that. Thanks for your review
Shaat
Currently Reading: Rich Dad and Poor Dad
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Shaat »

Shaat wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 22:23 This book seems to be a good one. I like this kind of stories also a regime that control and decided the marriage partners. Our families in subcontinent is just like that. Thanks for your review
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

I understand your point about the american language. I'm glad that you liked the book overall.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

This series sounds like it is a weird mix between a post-apocalyptic American fiction, with a reality-show plot, and a romantic premise. Although likely not for me, this seems to have a lot of elements that could make up an interesting tale.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

The dystopian setting interests me. I'd like to read about the political situation in such a time. I just hope that this isn't one of the novels where it all just becomes too much sexual.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I like dystopian fiction and the concept of trials as televised "games" has picked up steam since Hunger Games became so popular. I'm not sure about the romance aspect of it. If this book avoids the typical weak female and cocky-but-strong male stereotypes, I think it could be good. Thank you for the thorough review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Just looking at the cover, I probably would have passed on this one. But after reading the summary, I'm actually really interested in the trials!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

Hopefully the "romance" is more than just a teenage angsty thing considering it's got the whole "reality tv show" thing going. We shall see... I got the freebie from Amazon to test the waters! ;)
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This is a fascinating story of love being tried in the fires of temptation. Or it could be much correctly said as Seduction Trials. Just imagine how lucky could you get: the state provides you with a seductive target. Then the both of you get billeted in a special hotel as roommates or bedmates, as the case may be, after some time. The cruel part here is there is a camera recording every groan or moan the subjects make during the duration of the trials. And the video will be made available to your real sweetheart who must also endure a similar ordeal of being seduced by someone else in some hotel room with all the amenities provided by the state. If she gives in, or you succumb to the seductress provided for you, then everything is finished between you and your sweetheart.
The Regime could be called an organized high class "pimp" and the whole project labeled alternately as a project on "Animal Husbandry" or "Mating Encounters." lol. Nice book.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

A world where people are not allowed to choose their partners. I am not sure if this is my kind of book, but I may give it a try. I love dystopian novels, after all. Thank you for the review.
jessicam0119
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicam0119.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by jessicam0119 »

It certainly is an interesting concept to have the government have a huge hand in the marital aspects of it's subjects lives. It was a good review, and very insightful.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”