Official Review: Temptation Trials Part I by B. Truly

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Official Review: Temptation Trials Part I by B. Truly

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

I gather that the temptation trials form part of a serialized TV show, and that, the partners are made to live with different roommates, thus exposing them to all sorts of squirrelly situations. Of course, every move of the participants is captured and recorded by a camera in this reality show. Thanks for your review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 684
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

The premise is fascinating - a regime that forces people into arranged marriages. I wonder how they match people and what they achieve with this dictum.

This seems to be a modern Romeo and Juliet story, using technology and reality TV to spice up the tale. From the title, I envision a lot of tempting will happen.
R-g-R
Currently Reading: The Picketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-g-r.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by R-g-R »

Easy reading, action and romance. Having read the first few chapters so far, I agree it’s a page-turner but won’t be for everyone. Some of the lines make me smile or shake my head a little as they are classic romance type lines, but that is of course the point!
The review sums up the main points and characters which is great, but there are a surprising number of typos for future reference. Cheers
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

Thank you for the interesting review. This book grabbed my interest when book two was BOTD so I went ahead and grabbed it up. Sounds like I made a good decision.
Not_half_so_happy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-not-half-so-happy.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Not_half_so_happy »

Yes I cannot wait to read this novel. I truly love all things romance and drama. This book looks incredibly interesting and hopefully is different from other typical romance novels.
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Frenjie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frenjie.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Post by Frenjie »

Nice review! To undergo such kind of trial before having the chance to marry the one you love must be a tough experience. Especially that, as mentioned, no one has ever succeeded it yet. I'm thrilled to find out the characters' luck in this challenge.
" Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." - Napoleon Hill
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
kabanda
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by kabanda »

Great review! what a loving and touching moment! but i wish even the dictators of the regime also under go into the temptation trials. But i know love is powerfull and the power of love will enable the couple to pass the temptation trials. What a good serie! full of romance and love. Am tempted to read the novel.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

I like the concept, but I think the author executed the novel wrong. I think the writing was kind of childish and too simple.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
FrankiProw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frankiprow.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by FrankiProw »

It sounds like a book that will garner a lot of attention to whoever reads it. It doesn't sound like a book that I will read, but if is rated 3 out of 4 stars then it probably is a good book
InvisibleInk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by InvisibleInk »

Interesting concept for a story. It feels like something that I *should* have been exposed to, but I don't believe I have. The idea of actually being given the chance to fight to marry the love of your life as opposed to just conducting an affair with your state chosen spouse is very interesting, not least in part because of how it effects the public's view of the dictatorship. Very well done review, especially for someone for whom English is a second language. Nice work, bud!
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by drunyan »

From the above review: "They fell in love at the spot they saw them. Cali had fallen for cade while Stefani had fallen for Tobias..."

I don't understand how two couple that just met, had "fallen for" their partners. I only read the first three chapters...

I found the book targeted for junior high students, maybe? The language style of the characters reminds me of how13-14 year olds (that I know) talk.

I find the premise that the state is arranging matches between couples intriguing. Like government officials can predict better than anyone else, which marriages will be successful! Haha
Dee866
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dee866 »

Wow, interesting review. I definitely want to read this book now. Hope Cali and Stefani get the guys they love. The system sounds unfair though. No one gets to choose who they love. The system sounds like it is rigged though since it seems no one ever wins the game. Hope the author writes about how they beat the system and thereby destroying it too.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Temptation Trials Part I has an interesting plot that rings familiar, Hunger Games, anyone? Whilst the romance genre is not quite my thing, I am interested in narratives of armed conflict which the depiction of war in B. Truly's book Provides.

I enjoyed the brisk review!
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

This book is not my genre. I am just not a fan of romance novels. It sounds like a steamier version of Hunger Games. It seems like many who enjoy this genre do like this book.
Whippet
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whippet.html
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Whippet »

Nice job getting me interested in this novel! Intriguing as well to have such an extreme political backdrop to what may seem a frivolous storyline as a love themed game show. This might be a good technique in dramatising the romantic plot for effect, as I suppose what stops some people from choose a romance novel is that they can seem low-stakes, not serious, maybe one-dimensional and predictable. With a political nuance this novel should be quite different!

I'm glad to read that you found it a good combination of themes and it's a good sign that you enjoyed it despite a slight language barrier. It's opened me up to giving this novel a try. Thank you!
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”