Official Review: Temptation Trials Part I by B. Truly

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
walter7
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter7.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Official Review: Temptation Trials Part I by B. Truly

Post by walter7 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Temptation Trials Part I by B. Truly is a fictional romance story filled with political issues. The novel as part one , it is set partly in san Diego and Hawaii. It is after world war III has passed and the regime system has changed a lot, mostly affecting the social life of the people. Most people think of the regime as dictator, since they were choosing marriage partners for everyone after they have reached twenty one years. As the tittle portrays, the story involves two main characters (Cali & Stefani), they have to undergo temptation trials as the only way to fight for whom they love. The trials is held in Hawaii and it is a hosted TV show series.

The story begins in the shindig whereby Cali & Stefani had gone to enjoy themselves. There they met with two boys namely Cade & Tobias who were friends. They fell in love at the spot they saw them. Cali had fallen for cade while Stefani had fallen for Tobias, in all over sudden they got raided by the enforcers. Stefani and Tobias managed to escape while Cade was caught trying to rescue Cali. Tobias was working in an organisation of his uncle so he planed to rescue his friend with Cali. After he rescued them that is the time they started dating each other. They were all teenagers non of them had reached twenty one years old to be submitted to a marriage partner by the regime.

The dictatorship of the regime system had affected a lot the social life of America people. The regime was arranging marriages by choosing partners on their own instead of the country practising democracy by letting people choose who they want. The regime had even dictate what people should watch and hear on social media, all music were banned except the band artist’s songs. There is a series of Temptation trial which is one of the legal TV show held in Hawaii. The Temptation trial is the only way out to successfully marry the one you love. Both Cali & Stefani applied the temptation trial with their boyfriends. About the trials it is heard that there has never been anyone who succeeded the trials, so the couples decided to try their luck, will they make it ?, will one of the couple make it? or what if they fail?, I think you should find out as a reader.

The story is nice and it is worth your time as a reader. The author tried her best to balance the fictional story with the flow of romantic moments also. The pace of the story is good, it starts with tense afterward relaxing then lately things start to speed up only living you with a suspense, I give a thumbs up to the author for that since it is a series book and it should leave the readers curving for more.

The book probably fetched 4 out of 4 rating but due to the use America language which made me slow my pace of reading trying to figure out what some of the words meant, I find the rating as 3 out of 4 and I hope the author will do much better in part II. If you are a fun of fictional and romance story I can say this is a right book for you, it would take you to another level of experience and again this book is worth your time.

Temptation Trials Part I
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like walter7's review? Post a comment saying so!
LINA M-EMBER AMA
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lina-m-ember-ama.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Post by LINA M-EMBER AMA »

Really? Game of luck to be allowed to wed the love of your life? That must have been a truly trying time and a give-it-your all period. The review is beautiful and the story line splendid.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I'm a fan of romance stories and this one seems like a good read.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
walter7

Post by walter7 »

LINA M-EMBER AMA wrote:Really? Game of luck to be allowed to wed the love of your life? That must have been a truly trying time and a give-it-your all period. The review is beautiful and the story line splendid.
Thanks?
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

Lovely review, I've read and reviewed this book as well, so I can definitely agree with some of your thoughts. I had a feeling that the romance part was a bit rushed, though, but it's a quick entertaining read not to be taken too seriously anyway.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

IsabelMay wrote:Lovely review, I've read and reviewed this book as well, so I can definitely agree with some of your thoughts. I had a feeling that the romance part was a bit rushed, though, but it's a quick entertaining read not to be taken too seriously anyway.
I don't mind the romance being a bit rushed, haha
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Great review! I love dystopian-type novels and this sounds like a good one. I am particularly intrigued by the way the new regime controls the aspects of everyday-life. So even though I'm not typically into novels heavily centered on romances, I think I'm going to have to give this one a shot.
walter7

Post by walter7 »

Mallory Whitaker wrote:Great review! I love dystopian-type novels and this sounds like a good one. I am particularly intrigued by the way the new regime controls the aspects of everyday-life. So even though I'm not typically into novels heavily centered on romances, I think I'm going to have to give this one a shot.
I think you should get your copy and seat down for this one ??

-- 04 Sep 2017, 12:44 --
Mallory Whitaker wrote:Great review! I love dystopian-type novels and this sounds like a good one. I am particularly intrigued by the way the new regime controls the aspects of everyday-life. So even though I'm not typically into novels heavily centered on romances, I think I'm going to have to give this one a shot.
I think you should get your copy and seat down for this one ??
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I love dystopian too, though not sure it is for me. A dystopian tale about an evil regime that controls the love life of its citizens and chooses their marriage partners sounds interesting. The Temptation trial reminds me of some reality shows, though less sex orientated. I am not sure it is for me due to the steamy scenes, but I am glad you liked it. Thank you for the great review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Caroline8
Currently Reading: The Carbynarah Chronicles

Post by Caroline8 »

Hi walter, your review is quite pleasant I think I should get my copy too. It's how many pages?
walter7

Post by walter7 »

Halo caro, the story has 227 pages from the word office app., get your copy in amazon to enjoy the story?
Caroline8
Currently Reading: The Carbynarah Chronicles

Post by Caroline8 »

walter7 wrote:Halo caro, the story has 227 pages from the word office app., get your copy in amazon to enjoy the story?
Thanks I am knew to the forum I hope I will enjoy your reviews?
Brian6
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian6.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Brian6 »

Hey walter I'v joined today from your link and i h'v find this novel I had read it with my wife actualy. It us a good review though
walter7

Post by walter7 »

Halo brian, how was the book?
Brian6
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian6.html

Post by Brian6 »

The book was quite pleasant. I enjoyd mostly the fictional view of the story like the world war III. The author should finish writing part two soon.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”