Remedial Rocket Science by Susannah Nix

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Remedial Rocket Science by Susannah Nix

Post by Birdlady1950 »

A Romantic Comedy

STORY-LINE REMEDIAL ROCKET SCIENCE BY SUSANNAH NIX:

In Remedial Rocket Science, Melody Gage, waiting for a date who did not show, meets Jeremy from Los Angeles. Jeremy's in town for a wedding; they hit it off immediately and have a wonderful one night stand. Exchanging phone numbers, they did not exchange last names. Three years later and after her MIT college graduation, Melody's interviewed and hired by a huge aerospace company. Unfortunately, she finds her one night stand's the son of the CEO. Not only that, but he has a girlfriend, and to top it off, had a girlfriend during their perfect one night stand.

Melody does her best to stay away from emotional entanglements with Jeremy, however, fate has other ideas; throwing them together repeatedly. With one not so nice episode, Melody finds she really did not like the billionaire playboy from three years ago. However, the Jeremy of today's winning her heart. With several funny situations, snips and snarks, you will love reading Remedial Rocket Science. How will this romance between billionaire Jeremy and the poor IT tech, Melody, end? My romance book review of Remedial Rocket Science follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Nix created a funny romance novel in Remedial Rocket Science. Her characters are well-rounded and the pace perfect for the length of the book. Giving both, Melody and Jeremy, issues they must face and resolve, the reader's glued to the pages. Include the fact Melody becomes friends with his girlfriend, leads to laughter for the reader and concern by Melody.

Nix allowed the romance to grow slowly between Jeremy and Melody as they work through issues and situations. Growing up is hard at times, as we all know. Loner Melody and outgoing social Jeremy, would seem mismatched. However, Nix, did a wonderful job maturing Jeremy and weaving these two together.

In concluding my review of Remedial Rocket Science, I found a solid story with believable characters. I loved Nix's writing style which includes laughter, as well as, family, revelations of past and present relationships, and sadness. Her character's lives are realistic and well scripted. Nix also included family dynamics in this romance. I found the story flowed well and Nix's scenes transition from scene to scene seamlessly and smoothly.

Get ready to laugh as Nix's novel's filled with laughable moments. As Nix first published book, she's well on her way to success. Also please note: although this book includes sex, as the author stated: it tastefully fades before going into too much detail. For those who like a clean, without any sex at all, book, this may not be your cup of tea. For everyone else, this is a solid romance.

REMEDIAL ROCKET SCIENCE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

I received this book from Shifted Sheets. I chose to voluntarily review the book/novel with honest romance book reviews. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book/novel review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book/novel reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influences my voluntary romance book reviews.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

This could be the basis for a hallmark movie. It is a nice change of pace to have a technically astute woman as the main character.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”