Fergus' Honor By Linda Hubalek

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Fergus' Honor By Linda Hubalek

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Grooms With Honor Book 2

STORY-LINE FERGUS' HONOR BY LINDA HUBALEK:

In Fergus' Honor, we find Fergus Reagan. One of the six Reagan brothers, some brothers of blood and others not, raised by a Pastor Reagan and his wife. Raised with Christian values and compassion for their fellow-man, Fergus is a man of honor. Pursuing a career of photography, Fergus prepares to take a photograph of a train as it crosses the river. To his surprise just as he takes the photograph, someone falls from the train into the water below. Fergus rushes to save the person and finds a young woman almost dead. Iris Kerns' plans to end her life fails as Fergus saves her.

Afraid and alone, Iris does not trust men. She has good reasons for her distrust. However, as she recovers traveling with Fergus, he offers her a job as his photography assistant in Clear Creek. Coming to see Fergus as a trust worthy man, Iris finds he's different from the men she has known in the past. However, her past will not stay in the past, as her abuser follows her. Danger on Iris' trail stalks Iris, Fergus and his family. My romance book review of Fergus' Honor follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Once again Linda Hubalek crafted a clean sweet romance. Featuring the small town of 1886 Clear Creek, it's citizens, and the six Reagan brothers, as well as, Pastor and Mrs Reagan. Pastor Reagan and his wife are a force to be reckoned with; they are caretakers of the community and strongly committed to God.

Hubalek takes the reader back to one of my favorite communities filled with good people possessing faith in God and care for each other. I love this town and it's citizens; Godly hard-working people always willing to lend a hand to help or a shoulder to cry on. Filling her town with a variety of characters, she portrays small town life skillfully. All small towns have the Godly and the not so Godly, as well as, the occasional villain passing through. We get to visit with the people from her earlier books in the series and it's wonderful to see them again. Chomping at the bit to read the next book in the series, I look forward to its publication. I wonder who will be the next Groom With Honor.

Linda Hubalek plotting of this story will bring tears to your eyes as you see the old south from the perspective of Iris. A time in history no one's proud of, the Civil War has ended and the slaves free. Hubalek always gives the reader just enough history to set and compliment the premise of the story.

Iris has secrets which will impact the Reagan family, herself, and Fergus. Hubalek crafted a dastardly villain for Fergus' Honor, as well as, portraying plantation life in all its glory; yes that's said with tongue in cheek. Iris must come to terms with her trust issues as she comes closer to Fergus. It's wonderful to see her mature and stand tall. Fergus, a kind compassionate man, is perfect for Iris' love interest; she needs gentle, kind, and understanding handling. His kind nature, Godly conduct, high values taught by his parents, and faith does not keep him from protecting what is his and standing up for what is right.

Fergus' Honor is a standalone read in the Grooms With Honor series. as is each book. However, I would suggest reading the earlier books to further your enjoyment and immerse yourself in Hubalek's characters, Clear Creek, and life in a small Kansas town. I love books in which I see all the characters again and what's happened in their lives.

The pacing of the story smooth and steady, well-developed characters, and a heart-gripping premise held me glued to Fergus' Honor. A wonderful addition to the Grooms With Honor, I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend. This is a clean sweet romance which does not rely on fluff to fill the pages nor sex to sell the story-line.
FERGUS' HONOR RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author, choosing to voluntarily review the book/novel with honest romance book reviews. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book/novel review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book/novel reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influenced my voluntary romance book reviews of Fergus' Honor.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Admirable review . I'll read this book soon?
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

this series is very good. I would start with the first one.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”