Wired By Julie Garwood

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jdburton8
Bookshelf Size: 10

Wired By Julie Garwood

Post by jdburton8 »

I am an avid reader of Julie Garwood's Buchanan/FBI series. I have loved all the books in this series and I also like her new book Wired. However, I feel like it was lacking compared to her other books in the series. The main character Allison is supposed to be this brilliant computer hacker, but the character herself seems to be less than intelligent about other things that happen in the book. I read some reviews saying people were mad about the computer and hacking info in the book. I see where they are coming from, but most people don't actually have a very good understanding of coding and computers in general. So as far as I could see, there wasn't anything really wrong in that area. She mostly glossed over how Allison did that stuff in the book. And since I doubt Julie Garwood is a hacker herself, I can let that part of the book go. The one thing I did enjoy about the book was Liam. She did well with his character. The story line wasn't one of her best, it was a little to predictable for me, but she's a good writer and even with the frustrations I had with the main character I still enjoyed it. I read somewhere that she had family issues and that was why the release date was pushed back. Since the book started off with such promise, I wonder if stopping in the middle and restarting was why the book felt less than impressive. She may have lost the feel of the book when she stopped. Even though this book wasn't my favorite I will still keep reading this series in the future.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”