Official Review: Sex Happens by Dr. Carol Soloway

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: Sex Happens by Dr. Carol Soloway

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sex Happens" by Dr. Carol Soloway.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sex Happens by Dr. Carol Soloway is a modern-day fiction novel about the twists and turns that life throws us unexpectedly. Published in late 2016, Dr. Soloway takes readers on an unforgettable journey through the challenges and devastation that follows a solid and well-formed group of characters.

In this page-turning read, Dr. Alexandra Rose is depicted as a woman who has everything she could want in life. As a successful chiropractor, wife to a cardiologist, and mother to three boys, Alex is living the dream. Little does she know, her whole world is about to be flipped upside down by the revelation of her husband’s affair and request for divorce. Now battling for custody, fighting to maintain her sanity, and desperately searching for something positive in all the darkness, Alex is on a journey to find herself again.

The first half of this book was hard for me to read. Not because it wasn’t well-written, or because it lacked depth, but because the emotions portrayed in the writing felt so raw that I had to stop and take a moment every few pages. Having a close friend who endured a similar situation, the emotions reflected by Alex were so realistic, it certainly did not feel like a work of fiction. Although the title definitely threw me through a loop, I could see how it came into play within the later progression of the novel.

The main themes of Sex Happens were empowerment, self-recognition and above all, family. The character development was especially pleasing, as Alex was relatable and honest throughout the book. The devastating challenges and changes presented to the main character only deepened her character development and made her emotions feel that much more realistic. Although the chain of events presented to Alex seemed like enough to break her, she seemed to come out stronger from each hurdle she was forced to jump. While she was deeply rooted with her family and career, Alex was forced to put some of the focus on herself- a totally foreign aspect to her. Along with the gradual building that occurred within the book, the twists and turns made this page-turner one that I would gladly read again.

I rate Sex Happens 4 out of 4 stars. The premise of the story is so engaging that I had absolutely no hesitation giving this book a perfect rating. The emotions displayed seemed to leap right off the page, causing a feeling that will last long after the book has ended. This book seems like a perfect read for women who have recently gone through a divorce, a time of feeling helpless and out of control of their own lives, or those simply looking for a motivational push to find their self again.

Sex Happens
View: on Bookshelves

Like klbradley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Great review. Alex's story shows that no one has it all figured out.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
charlesjr2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesjr2.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by charlesjr2 »

Nice review. I think this is a good inspirational book, not only for women, but men who find them selves in the same situation.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Donnamaypalad
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Donnamaypalad »

This book really an inspiration to women who step on the same situation.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review! The title of the book is quite inriguing. Thanks for sharing your views.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
LINA M-EMBER AMA
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lina-m-ember-ama.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Post by LINA M-EMBER AMA »

This review is really good, of a wonderful book that will come in really handy for married women out there bracing the storms of struggling marriages. Women need to rediscover themselves. Klbradley, thanks for a great review.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
Walterevws
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walterevws.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Walterevws »

Thank you for your forthright review hope to read another one from you soon.

-- 08 Sep 2017, 02:59 --
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

The book covers a touchy subject indeed as aptly, and so well articulated in your review. Iam glad Alex's character comes out stronger than before. I look forward to reading it. Thanķs for your review.
Sabina G
Currently Reading: The Scarpetta Factor
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabina-g.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Sabina G »

Nice review! I like it that the plot twist seems to be placed at the beginning, it leaves a lot of room for character development, which is strengthened as you said.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Yeah, the title confused me too, it kind of doesn't align with the content of the story, good it turned out so good.
Great review
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Wow! Sounds like a great read. The fact that you were too affected by the emotions portrayed in the book shows how good the author is in depicting emotions. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Dr. Carol Soloway on such an obviously well written book.
Malfoyy Slitherin
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malfoyy-slitherin.html
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter

Post by Malfoyy Slitherin »

This sounds like a book I will like to read..Nice job.
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter
eleh Micheal
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by eleh Micheal »

I will recommend this to a friend!
trincitygirl
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by trincitygirl »

Sounds like a book I will recommend to every troubled married woman. We are all in this fight together.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Definitely!

Thank you for checking it out!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”