Official Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Re: Official Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Post by Roggyrus »

An exciting story about the lives of four sisters, quadruplets to be precise, all possessing special powers. When all the four together unleash their individual element to complement each other, it will be an immensely thrilling adventure story. I can hardly wait for a chance to read this. Thank you for this informative review.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

I like novels with strong women characters and good world building so I will check this one out. Thanks for the review.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

I loved the sample on Amazon. Definitely adding this to my to-read list.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Congrats on the review. You seem to have liked it despite its minor flaws. Always room for improvement. Sounds like a great story of family bonding.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

Women with power of one of the four elements. Sounds vaguely familiar. It seems a lot of authors follow this particular theme. Some authors manage to do an amazing job, and others leave something to be desired. Add in the "powerful male counterparts" and this sounds like it has a yin and yang element, as well.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I really like the fact that the sisters are different people that have their own personalities and aren't too similar despite similar hardships. It really makes it more real and easy to follow. This book sounds like a fun, light read. I'm glad you enjoyed it overall. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

Great review. Strong female protagonists are my go to and this seems very interesting...I will be checking out more of this author.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

This looks like an interesting book series. I love the idea of the personification of elements to give them human characteristics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

The unique characteristics of the protagonist sounds interesting according to the review. The plot seem engaging and easy read. The "idea of use" about the four elements are not exactly new we get the Avatar- Aang the last air bender (bending elements). I think I will look forward to this book! Thank you!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Nhorhata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61

Post by Nhorhata »

I've read the book and it gave me chill cant take my eyes over it...well deserve to be the book of the month
princessERI
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 599">Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princesseri.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by princessERI »

As by reading the sample, the prologue is narrated well. The explanation of the sacrificial of four sisters with elemental powers, being born with both blessings and curses and the specific group hunting for them due to their existence.

I love the part of creating questions through it and would want to get the answers from following the story.
The typical plot twist of siblings being raised separately and will meet is a nice touch. I like the sister's powers which are elemental. Cool and powerful. I love to see more of the sister's characters.

I like the first choice of the setting for introducing Asha. The environment she lived complement on her powers.
It's fun reading just from a few chapters. I hope to read the full. Seeing more encounters that may lead to romance.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

This book sounds interesting but usually my favorite part of a book is all the extra background information about the world. So I don't know if this book is for me. The plot sounds cool about the four woman who have individual powers, but it also seems like other stories I've read. I guess I'll have to check out the free sample. Good review!
MollyEnter
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollyenter.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by MollyEnter »

Too bad, according to this reviewer, there isn't more depth. I read the sample and really liked the writing. I could tell, even from the sample, that this novel moves quickly. I will be adding to my TBR shelf. Thanks for the comprehensive review!
Natalia Kavale
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-kavale.html
Latest Review: The Prism Effect by J. Wint

Post by Natalia Kavale »

This sounds like a very interesting read. I have to admit, I didn't really understand much while I was reading the sample of the book. Due to the separate stories of the four female characters, I found it very difficult to make a connection of the entire text. I was sort of getting frustrated, but I found the story to contains a lot of suspense so I kept going. This review was really helpful, and it made easier for me to understand the themes. I'm very impressed by the author's ability to fully develop all the four different female characters (as stated in the review) That must have been a lot of hard work.
Thank you so much for the review.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I've read the sample. I usually don't automatically like fantasy books but the sample hooked me in. Too bad about the characters not being fleshed out though. I would be more interested in reading if the villain was humanized a bit or given a trait or history that elicits empathy.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”