Official Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Official Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Post by Melchi Asuma »

Avatar sisters😂. Sounds fun. It does perk my curiosity. Their powers, separation and reunion just sound nice in my head. I may have to read it.
MA
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

Thank you for the in-depth review. The book has my curiosity peaked with so many questions. I do not know if I will read this one right away though as it sounds rushed and confusing at times. I will add it to my to be read list and watch this author for future writings.
Jaswolfe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jaswolfe »

Though the idea of four characters having power over an element of earth, air, water, and fire, I do think the idea that the four characters being quadruplets is unique. I would be most interested to learn how they interact with each other, such as do the elements influence their personalities, and how do those elemental personalities feed or dampen each other??? And the interaction with their male counterparts, along with how elements effect each other, would also interest me. Especially as the title is 'unbalanced.'
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Inspection
Bookshelf Size: 3836
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I really liked the sound of this book, but it sounds like it could have benefited from more depth. Perhaps, as you said, the subsequent books will flesh things out more. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
katherinakay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by katherinakay »

The sisters seem like they are well thought out and created characters. It's tricky writing a book with multiple protagonists but it sounds like this author succeeds in making each sister a unique character. The plot sounds very interesting as well.
sistogichuki
Currently Reading: Becoming Myself
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by sistogichuki »

The series easily holds the attention. The bad characters here are just bad and the main characters' outcomes are not always shocking.

About the plot of the Unbalanced, its easy and straightforward. The arrangement of the happenings is simple to grasp. However, the series is easily predictable. The personalities and actions of some characters seems unrealistic with similar effects. The episodes need to be a bit complex to improve the suspense in the book.

I would rate the book 3 out 4
Randorr
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Randorr »

Wow, this book is fast paced, with earth, wind, fire and water! I got to the end of the preview wanting the next page. Been a while since that's happened. I agree with a previous reviewer, the sisters seem well thought out. Based on the content provided, the pace and the way the author sets the scene, this book has the makings of being a thouroughly entertaining fantasy series.
harrymadede
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by harrymadede »

i just love how the 4 powerful elements are controlled by the 4 sisters that had totally different personalities to me though i consider the gift as a blessing and a curse otherwise its a nice book i give the author Courtney a 5 star very much looking forward to reading it
nelson ascamani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-ascamani.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by nelson ascamani »

The book is similar to avatar animation because of the power display, Water, fire, earth. It's a nice book to read. I will definitely want to give my time to this book.
Mo_ItsRenny
Currently Reading: Birthright
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Mo_ItsRenny »

I love fantasy
So I'm pretty sure I will like the book.
HeatherTasker
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by HeatherTasker »

This sounds like an interesting start to a series. I'm curious as to the four male counterparts. Do they have powers too? Maybe I'll have to read it! 😉
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Interesting, but because I'm not drawn to the storyline, I will pass. I however like that there are elements of romance embedded in the fantasy.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
DustinPBrown
Currently Reading: My Family and Other Animals
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustinpbrown.html
Latest Review: It's Never Water Under the Bridge by Rianne Moss

Post by DustinPBrown »

Sounds worth a shot at least. Not every day that you get a book with 4 leads, especially 4 sisters as leads.
Sympathy10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sympathy10 »

I think its a great book i love the story i read it and i liked it. .i think Courtney Shepard is a great author .im looking forward to her next book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”