Official Review: In Your Dreams by Rick Incorvia

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: In Your Dreams by Rick Incorvia

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In Your Dreams" by Rick Incorvia.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Your Dreams is a thrilling novel by Rick Incorvia which takes place in modern-day time, with sections flashing from the present to a mysterious dream world. With my copy format having under 300 pages, this was a fairly quick read that moved right along with the story line. With In Your Dreams having been published in March 2016, author Rick Incorvia is now an experienced author with three novels under his belt.

The main character in the story is Adam, a young, wealthy investor and completely easy on the eyes. He maintains a bachelor lifestyle and seems to genuinely be rewarded for all the demanding work he puts into keeping his life as he likes it. Everything suddenly and drastically changes when Adam is struck by a vehicle while on his motorcycle, and spends nearly two months in a coma.

While in the coma, Adam’s mind travels to another place and time that he compares to a dream world of sorts. Enchanted by a lovely but intimidating and sensual Eva, Adam experiences new feelings unlike ever before. Still able to visit with his sizzling side while he sleeps, Adams occasionally wishes to only be in his dream world- that is until he meets Roanna. With the lingering presence of what Adams knows to be real and only imagines he could achieve, will he be able to cut the cord from his dream world?

This story was totally unlike anything I have read before. There is a thrilling aspect to this novel that is present and kept me glued to the story. The personality of the main character kept developing until the end, which is something I like when reading. Adam morphed from an egotistical bachelor, to a self-conscious jerk, and finally into a memorable character that I would have liked to continue reading about. The figures and settings from Adams dreams seemed to be metaphorical, but their relation to his real-life made put his situation into a perspective that is hard to ignore.

The pacing of the novel was spread out as though to keep a reader’s attention, but also to keep them constantly craving more. I am always a fan of twists and turns while reading, and In Your Dreams did not disappoint. I was also impressed by the well-edited manuscript, which allowed my reading to flow smoothly without annoying interruptions. Because of some explicit sexual content, I have to give a reader’s discretion, as this novel would not be acceptable for younger readers. It’s my pleasure to rate In Your Dreams 4 out of 4 stars, and happily recommend it to other readers who enjoy a thrilling novel with occasional slips into erotic form.

In Your Dreams
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like klbradley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

The concept of the book sounds intriguing and your review does a great job at enticing readers to pick up the book. Unfortunately, though I am in my early 20s I don't like to read mature content. I was hoping that this book would be romance without the erotica portions. Thanks for the review.
Kourtney Bradley

Thank you for reading!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

"Enchanted by a lovely but intimidating and sensual Eva, Adam experiences new feelings unlike ever before." Is the story a twist on Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, where Adam was enchanted as well with the fruit presented to him by Eve? This looks to be a very refreshing book, going by review. Thanks.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

This sounds like an interesting and thrilling book and I love that you said that the main character continues to develop all the way until the end of the book. Just like you, I also enjoy books with amazing character development.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Kourtney Bradley

Thank you all!
–Vera Nazarian
Megwe85
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar

Post by Megwe85 »

This sounds like a book I will have to check out. Thank you for writing a great review!
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
Kourtney Bradley

Megwe85 wrote:This sounds like a book I will have to check out. Thank you for writing a great review!
And thank you for reading my review!
–Vera Nazarian
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I´m also a fan of plot twists, and this novel seems to have an original argument. I also enjoy when you can see the character grow as a person throughout the book, as you mention. This sounds like a book for me.
Thanks for a great review!
Jmteachmom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmteachmom.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Jmteachmom »

This sounds like an interesting read. I love how you expressed the character development in this book. I think this will be a must read for me. Wonderful review!
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

I can tell you really enjoyed today's BOTD! Such an awesome review...thanks! Unfortunately, this one is not for me, but I do like that the main character changes and grows throughout the course of the book. In this case, it sounds like it was definitely for the better, too! Keep up the great work with your reviews and thank you, again! :-)
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This novel about a man dreaming while in a coma and coming into reality when he wakes up sounds fascinating! This looks like it will be a thrilling and romantic read! Congrats on book of the day! Great review!
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

The author seems to have done a good job of transitioning from the dream world to reality. There are many admirable qualities to this book, but I will pass due to erotic content.
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
Richard Whitehead
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-whitehead.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Richard Whitehead »

This is a great romantic book that features several erotic scenes. The author's inclusion of plot twists equally makes this book perfect. Thanks for being the BOTD.
h_minogue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-h-minogue.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by h_minogue »

This book has a very interesting concept. The sample already has me intrigued and your review and rating of the book, makes me want to read the entire thing!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”