Official Review: In Your Dreams by Rick Incorvia

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
chaosbutterfly1
Favorite Author: Roald Dahl
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 20
fav_author_id: 3429

Re: Official Review: In Your Dreams by Rick Incorvia

Post by chaosbutterfly1 »

While the official review shows the interesting aspects of the story as a whole, I find that the main character was a turn-off from the sample alone. I am glad to hear that by the end of the story, he leaves the reader with the impression of character growth. That is an important aspect of any novel. However, I will not be pursuing the story any further. The root cause isn't so much the graphic nature of the sex, but rather - I, as the reader, am left with the impression of a looming sort of hyper sexualization of women, who then become fodder for fantasy. It's not so much a romance, I discovered, as it is pure erotica and that's just not my cup of tea. But to each their own.
xtian1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by xtian1 »

Rick did a great job going from the real world to the dream world. The erotic content though was extremely high. For a well written book I give "In Your Dreams 4.5 out of 5.
Kelsey anne
Currently Reading: Murder on the Orient Express
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Kelsey anne »

What if you had the perfect life? money, success, good looks? would it make you change the way you live if you had the chance? or would you stay true to the person you are and still appreciate the little things in life? Rick Incorvia carries this theme throughout the story In your Dreams. A young man named Adam who is a successful investor, had it all including money and was blessed with good looks. He was in a coma for 2 months due to being hit by another vehicle while taking a ride on his motorcycle. During his time in a coma, he travelled to a new world and met some new people. The lustrous Eva who makes Adam want to stay in this world and Roanna who makes him want to leave. You can achieve anything in your dreams but reality can make things more complicated. It's amazing how your life can change in a blink of an eye sometimes for the best but in Adams case, for the worst. After a near death experience, it can change a person and Adam changes dramatically throughout the story. Once he realizes how valuable life really is, he begins to see things differently and his perception of what really matters in life changes to a less materialistic point of view. Live your life to the fullest and make the most of every moment because anything can happen.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a very nice review. It is also captivating just like the book. I like the fact that the author has developed the main character well up to the last page. The language used is simple and the story itself is unique.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Emilly79

Post by Emilly79 »

I was impressed by Rick Incornovia's book. it is a powerful evocation of terrible events, moving and persuasive...Has memorable characters and exemplary control over structure, bringing past and present together to get great effect. it is surely a page turner.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I have read this type of plot before. However, this plot is still considered as the rare ones. This book will be a thrilling read to me.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

This book sounds like it is right up my alley! I love thrilling novels but a good romance always hits my literary appetite. That k you for the thorough and telling review!
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

I agree with you that the work done on this book reflects some experience on the part of the author. I observe that since this is a romantic novel, then sex scenes would have to emerge. It is good that you gave a reader discretion.
Thanks for your review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Nettiewhat

Post by Nettiewhat »

In Your Dreams by Rick Incorvia
After seeing so many positive reviews l am ashamed to say it wasn't my cup of tea. The character Adam comes of arrogant and disrespectful in viewing and sharing Spoiler the information he read from Roana's thoughts. I cannot connect to him or feel any sympathy for the accident as it is told in a rushed manner as we are not taken through his recovery process. I give the story 1 star.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

Such an interesting plot idea. I’m genuinely curious to see where it goes. I’ve always loved the idea of being transported to an alternate world within one’s dreams, so I definitely love the premise. Thanks for writing a review!
Offgotoff
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by Offgotoff »

"Adam morphed from an egotistical bachelor, to a self-conscious jerk, and finally into a memorable character that I would have liked to continue reading about." - this statement says it all. I'm always looking forward to innovative books and rich characters which come in few these days. Added to my shelves as a must read too.
Olalexy boss
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Olalexy boss »

The ability of the author to successfully merge the conscious and subconscious mind in an epic and shattering climax is commendable
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

The concept sounds very unique and interesting. How many times have we wished that we could just stay inside our dreams,while at the same time have realized that we have to carry on with the real and very much awake daily life? Another aspect you mentioned intrigued me, that is the character development part. Thrillers do not generally do well in this front, mainly because the focus remains on the unveiling of the mystery. I am glad that this book addresses that aspect well, judged by your review. Thank you so much.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Great review. This one sounds really good. I'd like to sit down and read more about Adam and how he makes his choice.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

I have always been intrigued by books that explore some aspect of the world of dreams. This one sounds like an excellent read. Great review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”