White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

White Lies by Jayne Ann Krentz

Post by Spirit Wandering »

White Lies is part of the author's Arcane Society series that centers around a group that does physic research and investigates physic crime. Jake Salter is a "hunter" someone who can ferret out the behaviors and motives of those who use their talents to cause harm. Clare Lancaster is a "human lie detector." Together they work to solve a series of murders where suspicion has wrongly been thrown onto Clare. The murder mystery itself is so-so but the romance and exploration of physic talents are interesting.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

Spirit Wandering wrote:White Lies is part of the author's Arcane Society series that centers around a group that does physic research and investigates physic crime. Jake Salter is a "hunter" someone who can ferret out the behaviors and motives of those who use their talents to cause harm. Clare Lancaster is a "human lie detector." Together they work to solve a series of murders where suspicion has wrongly been thrown onto Clare. The murder mystery itself is so-so but the romance and exploration of physic talents are interesting.
I'd forgotten about this one. I've read and enjoyed all the Arcane Society novels but this one doesn't immediately come to mind. I may have to get it out of the library again. I do enjoy Jayne Ann Krentz's characters and I find the physic talents interesting too.
peace starts with a smile...
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Just to be clear: you say physics but do you mean psychic? The two are so different that they would lead to completely different thought processes when reading a story.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

Yes, I mean psychic - sorry about the typo.... It would definitely be a different story if it were about physics.
peace starts with a smile...
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Snowflake wrote:Yes, I mean psychic - sorry about the typo.... It would definitely be a different story if it were about physics.
Thank you for clarifying. It's easy to mix those two words up.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

Snowflake wrote:
Spirit Wandering wrote:White Lies is part of the author's Arcane Society series that centers around a group that does physic research and investigates physic crime. Jake Salter is a "hunter" someone who can ferret out the behaviors and motives of those who use their talents to cause harm. Clare Lancaster is a "human lie detector." Together they work to solve a series of murders where suspicion has wrongly been thrown onto Clare. The murder mystery itself is so-so but the romance and exploration of physic talents are interesting.
I'd forgotten about this one. I've read and enjoyed all the Arcane Society novels but this one doesn't immediately come to mind. I may have to get it out of the library again. I do enjoy Jayne Ann Krentz's characters and I find the physic talents interesting too.
Glad that I was able to point out one you have not read and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for reading my post.

-- 11 Jun 2017, 21:52 --
CatInTheHat wrote:Just to be clear: you say physics but do you mean psychic? The two are so different that they would lead to completely different thought processes when reading a story.
Good catch-thanks. I made the original error in my post, so I will take responsibility for the confusion in Snowflake's reply. Although, given the unusual nature of some theories in quantum physics, confusion with psychic abilities might not be that far off base. :D
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”