Official Review: Longing by Ciana Stone

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Official Review: Longing by Ciana Stone

Post by christinac_2585 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Longing" by Ciana Stone.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Longing by Ciana Stone is the first installment in the Legacy Series that is a western romance story that adds the right amount of supernatural. The book tells the tale of Logan Legacy and Sabine Beaudreaux’s love story and the obstacles that they have to overcome if they want to be together. Can they overcome those barriers and will the truth be too much to bear?

Logan James Legacy runs his family’s oil company in Texas and works on the ranch when he is not stuck in the office. Ciana Stone describes Logan as, “A man whose gray eyes could woo a woman into his bed faster than an eight-second ride on a bull; or cause even the most stalwart of men to feel a niggle of unease.” Logan has never had any problem finding women, but being compatible with them is another issue.

The book starts off with Logan working in his office when he receives a letter heeding a warning that he has a traitor in his midst. Knowing that he has rivals, particularly the Garins, he starts to wonder who it could be. The letter is addressed to Logan James Legacy, and there is only one person to ever call him by his full name, the girl with the violet eyes, Sabine.

Remy Sabine Gustave Beaudreaux was brought to the Legacy family when she was an infant. After she had been left on the doorsteps of the Louisiana Legendre witches, they contacted Logan’s mother, Genevieve, about taking care of Sabine. Genevieve, being a Legendre witch herself, would teach Sabine the craft and what it means to be Kindred. Growing up, Sabine was always a different child. She would follow Logan around, telling him that she loves him and that they were going to get married and have kids when they got older. After a terrifying accident that happened when Sabine and Logan were younger, Sabine was sent away from the Legacy Ranch.

Not only did Logan lose Sabine when they were children, but again ten years ago after having a very heated night together at a family event. As Logan’s dealing with someone trying to sabotage his company, Sabine reaches out to Logan to offer help. When he finally reunites with Sabine, he finds that not everything or everyone is what it seems. Can Logan come to terms with the new information about his family and what Sabine is? Will he be able to wrap his head around the idea that humans are not the only ones on Earth?

This story was a different type of paranormal romance that was not all about the romance but had a good plot along with the love story. The author used a lot of various names for the supernatural characters that are not common in this genre. I liked this because it made the story more unique and stick out more. The book is written in third person omniscient, so it gives the reader a better-rounded outlook.

I did have a couple of issues while reading the book. While I was reading, I would get confused about the location the characters would be in, whether it was Texas or Louisiana because it was not detailed enough. Also, there were grammatical errors, misspellings, and some words were missing in sentences that should have been there. These errors did not take away from the book overall, but it would catch my attention in a way that I would sometimes have to re-read a sentence. At first, I was a little confused about the supernatural plot of this book, but as the story continued everything became clearer. I was able to appreciate why the explanation of the paranormal was farther into the story instead of at the beginning.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would have rated this a 4 star book if there was not an abundance of errors listed above and the issue of the character’s locations. Readers that love romances with an addition of the supernatural will enjoy reading this book. The twist and turns and deception in this book is what makes this story a must read. At the end of the book, there is a sneak peek for readers of the second book in the Legacy series, Craving. The second installment of the series tells the story of John Luke Legacy and Illiana.

Longing
View: on Bookshelves

Like christinac_2585's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

That's very interesting how it is a western romance with some supernatural in it. It's rare to see those two genres come together. Hmm...I'm intrigued.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
christinac_2585

Thank you it was interesting to have those two genres together. The storyline was good enough for me to want to know what happens in the second book!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

Great storyline it seems. Thank you for such an excellent review.
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

This is a detailed review that should pique one's curiosity to learn more about the twists and turns in the story. How was the in-house traitor unmasked - or that will be in the next books?
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
christinac_2585

I can't say cause I don't want to give too much away. So much is revealed towards the end of the book that I believe there may be multiple books to come in this series.
- Anna Quindlen
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like an interesting book. I like Western and I like it even more with the paranormal angle. Too bad, though, about the unclear descriptions of the settings and the errors. Good job on the review.
christinac_2585

Thank you! Overall it has a good storyline and it is a series so there will be more to come.
- Anna Quindlen
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

The book cover does not tell the reader that this has supernatural themes. I usually judge book covers like those to mean that this is steamy erotica and I don't read those. From your review, it seems that Sabine is not human or not 100% human.
Great review!
christinac_2585

You would be correct. Thank you for reading!
- Anna Quindlen

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”