Official Review: The Collar of Freedom by Alexandra Iff

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Official Review: The Collar of Freedom by Alexandra Iff

Post by AA1495 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Collar of Freedom" by Alexandra Iff.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review: The Collar of Freedom by Alexandra Iff

The collar of Freedom by Alexander Iff belongs to the romance genre and is the first book in the series The Collar Duet. While the story continues in the second (and final) book of the series, this book has a temporary ending to the main plot.

When Amelia meets her new boss, Alexander, she knows that she is in trouble. She should not be attracted to him. His presence should not invoke any feelings in her. After all, he is in the city only temporarily. More importantly, Amelia is married and she knows that following her heart will destroy her family. However, Alexander is not making things easy for Amelia. He knows the impact he has on her and is exploring it as far as he can. What does Alexander want from Amelia? Will Amelia be able to resist the temptation? What will happen if Amelia decides to follow her heart?

This book has a lot of mature content. While the author has provided sufficient warning and has clearly indicated that the book is only for adults (18+), the amount of mature content was more than I expected. If you are not comfortable with detailed and frequent mature scenes, or if you read romance books primarily for the story and do not mind an occasional sexual scene (but would be bothered if there are too many), this book is definitely not for you.

Towards the beginning of the book, the plot seemed weak. However, it developed as the book progressed. There were many twists, especially in the second half of the book, which left me pleasantly surprised. As a result, I was able to read the book in one sitting.

Alexander was a typical dominant male character. His character becomes more likeable and realistic in the second half of the book. I have mixed feelings towards Amelia’s character. I liked how she cared about the people around her. However, she could not stick to her decisions and at times, she seemed weak. While I understood her internal conflict, there were times when I was frustrated with her character. There are a few secondary characters, all of whom add to the story. I thought that the author dealt with the secondary characters well.

In terms of language, the book was well written. It was easy to understand and follow. There were no excessive or irrelevant descriptions and the plot moved at a good pace. I found no obvious grammatical errors. The book is told from Amelia’s point of view, which helped me understand the internal conflict she was facing and the reasoning behind some of her decisions.

The book has a few formatting issues. For example, a part of the book has email conversations and there is no space between the footer of one email and the header of the next. While this is not a major issue, it distracted me.

I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. Overall, the book was well written and I liked the twists in the second half of the book. However, I could not connect with Amelia, which spoiled the book a little for me. Given the mature content of the book, I would recommend it to adults who like romance and who want a quick read.

The Collar of Freedom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like AA1495's review? Post a comment saying so!
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Thank you for the review. I am glad to know that there is a lot of "mature content," as this is a put-off for me. I'm sorry that Amelia frustrated you, but she does sound like a plausible character - some people ARE like that =)
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
Aprilyn Milo Demot
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aprilyn-milo-demot.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Aprilyn Milo Demot »

Thanks for the review.I just read it and I first thought it would be the first book I'm going to read,however, I was a bit disappointed to know that Amelia was married and she was attracted to her boss. It would be nice if Amelia wasn't married and then, she meets Alexander. Anyway, enjoy reading if you still like it!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”