Review by hyperashley -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hyperashley
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyperashley.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Publishing Contest Votes: 1

Review by hyperashley -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by hyperashley »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

First of all, I loved that the story focused on reincarnation because I have always been highly interested in this subject. I loved the story's take on reincarnation and deja vu, it really made me think about all the times I've gotten deja vu. Samyann is a very talented author that is very good at descriptions and world building. Reincarnation is a very touchy subject for most people so I find that it's usually not done right in books but that is not the case in this book. This was one of the best stories of reincarnation that I have ever read.

Amanda and Mark meet in an action packed, thrilling way, that kept me on my toes. After all the excitement passes the two find that they are strongly drawn to each other. Honestly, there were times that I was more drawn to other characters like Amanda's Godmother and Mark's partner. I just found those two so entertaining. I adored Mark especially his more dominant traits. Amanda was very frustrating and her character made it difficult for me to read at times.

Even though it got frustrating at times the will they/ won't they did make it more interesting. I was rooting for this couple so hard that it got me through the tough times of the book. There was some sex but nothing explicit which was kind of a bummer to me. If you're a person that gets bothered by the use of alcohol then steer clear of this book because these characters drink, a lot.

My favorite part of the book ended up being the parallel stories coming together at the end. I liked reading about all of the past lives. That was by far the most interesting part of the whole book. At first, I thought that was going to be too much but it wasn't it worked really well. I liked the civil war era parts because it was so well written.

I gave this book 3 out of 4 stars because the beginning of the book was really hard for me to get into. The narration wasn't as strong in the beginning as it was throughout the rest of the book. I'm glad I kept going until the book was finished because I really enjoyed it. The cover of the book is well done and eye-catching which is a great thing. It was a good choice for this book, very fitting.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like hyperashley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”