Official Review: Out of the Box Awakening

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Re: Official Review: Out of the Box Awakening

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Nice review, I downloaded the book today. Congrats to the author on the great review.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

Aloha,

Kudos with your review! I am now on chapter ten. The main character is a person you want to be friends with. She has moved due to her husband job. Once she arrives in her new home city, she take a journey of loving herself. I cannot wait to see how this book ends!

If I may, I also think this book is for those that given up on love. Also for couples having problems. This is not a romance book of fairy tale land. It a book that show the stages of a heart.

?
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

alwaysdaddygirl wrote:Aloha,

Kudos with your review! I am now on chapter ten. The main character is a person you want to be friends with. She has moved due to her husband job. Once she arrives in her new home city, she take a journey of loving herself. I cannot wait to see how this book ends!

If I may, I also think this book is for those that given up on love. Also for couples having problems. This is not a romance book of fairy tale land. It a book that show the stages of a heart.

?
You've described it well! Let me know your review of the book after you finish reading it. Thank You so much!

-- 15 Nov 2016, 21:41 --
Janetleighgreen wrote:Nice review, I downloaded the book today. Congrats to the author on the great review.
I hope you like it. Let me know your review of the book after you finish reading it. Thank You so much!
Jories4
Currently Reading: The Divine Comedy
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Jories4 »

Seems like a great story by a best selling author. Definitely a must for any who likes romantic book, im not a fan of romance but i enjoy a nice romantic story every once in a while, Anyway, thanks for thorough review!
-Dan
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Jories4 wrote:Seems like a great story by a best selling author. Definitely a must for any who likes romantic book, im not a fan of romance but i enjoy a nice romantic story every once in a while, Anyway, thanks for thorough review!
I liked the story. I hope you give the book a chance! Thank You so much!
josefina1110
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Voice of Creation

Post by josefina1110 »

Thanks for the review. It seems that Olivia is a lonely woman wanting affection from her husband having been away for some time. It is interesting to find out how Olivia and Ash would get along but I suspect they would be affectionately involved. I would definitely finish reading the book.
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

josefina1110 wrote:Thanks for the review. It seems that Olivia is a lonely woman wanting affection from her husband having been away for some time. It is interesting to find out how Olivia and Ash would get along but I suspect they would be affectionately involved. I would definitely finish reading the book.
I hope you like the rest of the book. Let me know your review after you finish reading it. Thank You so much!
lydialeigh71
Favorite Author: Robin Jones Gunn
Currently Reading: The Mask of Perpetuity
Bookshelf Size: 717
fav_author_id: 5926

Post by lydialeigh71 »

Great review! Sounds like a great read of re-discovery. Finding yourself after a marriage breakup. I believe it is difficult to learn to trust and love another 100% after a hurtful divorce, but it can happen. Love the fact the book has a strong cast of characters that intertwine with one another with fun dialogue. Captivating dialogue helps me to connect with the characters.
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

Great review. I'm sure many people have gone through this sort of awakening to a harsh reality. The book sounds like it would be an enjoyable read.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

Out of the Box Awakening is one book I won't be able to resist being from the Chicago area myself. This is a perfect read for my long holiday weekend coming right up. I won't do a spoiler, so as to tell that the setting is just perfect.
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

It sounds like Olivia has a major life-change so that her life can open up. A book about personal growth is always inspiring if you can connect with your characters. Nice job on the review.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

lydialeigh71 wrote:Great review! Sounds like a great read of re-discovery. Finding yourself after a marriage breakup. I believe it is difficult to learn to trust and love another 100% after a hurtful divorce, but it can happen. Love the fact the book has a strong cast of characters that intertwine with one another with fun dialogue. Captivating dialogue helps me to connect with the characters.
I agree with you. The characters and dialogues have a great impact on the overall reading experience. Thank You so much!

-- 16 Nov 2016, 06:00 --
stoppoppingtheP wrote:Great review. I'm sure many people have gone through this sort of awakening to a harsh reality. The book sounds like it would be an enjoyable read.
It is an enjoyable read. I hope you give this book a chance when you have time. Thank You so much!

-- 16 Nov 2016, 06:04 --
versatileer wrote:Out of the Box Awakening is one book I won't be able to resist being from the Chicago area myself. This is a perfect read for my long holiday weekend coming right up. I won't do a spoiler, so as to tell that the setting is just perfect.
Oh that's nice! Even though there isn't much description of Chicago, I think you'll like the book. Let me know your review of the book after you read it. Thank You so much!

-- 16 Nov 2016, 06:05 --
Silvermoon wrote:It sounds like Olivia has a major life-change so that her life can open up. A book about personal growth is always inspiring if you can connect with your characters. Nice job on the review.
I agree. It's important to be able to connect with the characters. I hope you give the book a chance. Thank You so much!
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Congrats on the great review! Seems like a lot of twists and turns. I think I'd like the descriptions about the places!
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Swara Sangeet wrote:Congrats on the great review! Seems like a lot of twists and turns. I think I'd like the descriptions about the places!
There are a few twists. I hope you give the book a chance when you have time. Thank You so much!
melni
Favorite Book: Swept Away
Currently Reading: Higher Is Waiting
Bookshelf Size: 1275

Post by melni »

Thank you for the in depth review. It's been awhile since I've read a romance novel, but not estranged to it! I like that there is character development which is reflected in the title of the book.I also like that there is humor because frankly life is too serious already and we need levity to help us remain fluid. you express that the pace is a little slow, and that there are a lot of details. I have this book listed in my to read section and I am looking forward to reading it. Sometimes life is in the details... I enjoyed your review (I think I replied to this before, but cannot seem to find it) and am looking forward to reading this book. I thank the author for creating a relational, humorous and entertaining book!~

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”