Official Review: Randy Love...at your service

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Official Review: Randy Love...at your service

Post by Celticlady »

I found your review to be most interesting and honest. Thank you for a nice review!
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

James Craft wrote:this sounds like a really interesting book! I will have to check it out!
I hope you like it! Thank You for your comment! ☺
raybooklover12345678
Currently Reading: Brothers at war
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by raybooklover12345678 »

wow! that was my first experience in the world of romance novels. Even though i read a small portion of the book, i can relate to the review. The story was fast paced and the characterization of randy and michael was brilliant. Some times the secondary characters like counsellor's wife and mary felt annoying and unneccessary.
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Utpal K Khot »

The review does not appear too good and a 2 stars is definitely a put off. Cant make up my mind on reading this novel. Congrats on being the BOTD. :)
constantine265
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constantine265.html
Latest Review: "(Ways to) Lucena" by Mois Benarroch

Post by constantine265 »

Thank you for the review. I like that characterization is well done and good pace of the novel, but neither romance or self-discovery books are my favorite genres.
Latest Review: "(Ways to) Lucena" by Mois Benarroch
crazy1nutter1
Currently Reading: Military Romance Sara
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazy1nutter1.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by crazy1nutter1 »

I found this to be a self-discovery touches of humor read.I think Randy Love has a lot of hits and misses while trying to come into his self.Was well written but didn't find this to be a romantic story was a nice read would recommend it

-- 12 Mar 2017, 15:24 --

I found this to be a self-discovery touches of humor read.I think Randy Love has a lot of hits and misses while trying to come into his self.Was well written but didn't find this to be a romantic story was a nice read would recommend it
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

jamesabr wrote:From what I've sampled, I think you're right. The book is more Other Fiction than Romance. You're review was very thorough. Thanks.
I'm glad you agree! Thank You so much! ☺

-- 12 Mar 2017, 15:26 --
Teresia Munyica wrote:Nice love story so encouraging
Thank You for your comment! ☺
Abhimanyu Singh
Currently Reading: Station Eleven
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Abhimanyu Singh »

The author has described many tricky and uncomfortable situations that Randy finds himself in. Most of these were highly amusing and added a humor element to the book. Parts of the book also focused on the sharp contrast between Randy and his brother, which was interesting to read. Apart from these, I didn’t find the plot engaging. The book couldn’t hold my attention and I had to read the book in numerous installments. Further, I thought that the book had an abrupt end. While all the sub-plots were complete, I was hoping to read much more about his new-found relationship.
Overall, what I liked best about the book was Randy’s characterization. His personality, experiences and perceptions were described very well. The author portrays his strengths and weaknesses through numerous small incidents, which helped me connect with the character.
H0LD0Nthere
Favorite Book: Til We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-h0ld0nthere.html
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard

Post by H0LD0Nthere »

Thanks for this review. Very perceptive. Perhaps it was listed as a romance because Randy is supposed to be a romantic hero who makes us go weak in the knees, if even if there is not just one woman in view.
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Great review, very thorough and insightful. I certainly doesn't sound like a book that I would read. I too find that a clutter of secondary characters is very frustrating. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Claire_Lopez wrote:I'm not a fan of romance novels and the title of this one really put me off, but after reading your review it seems there might be a bit more to it. Thank you for a clear, objective review!
There is much more to it! Thank You so much! ☺

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:09 --
zartashia wrote:Truly observed review, the review shows the deep insight of story.
Thank You so much! I hope you give the book a chance! ☺

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:10 --
Celticlady wrote:I found your review to be most interesting and honest. Thank you for a nice review!
I'm glad you liked it. Thank You so much! ☺

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:12 --
raybooklover12345678 wrote:wow! that was my first experience in the world of romance novels. Even though i read a small portion of the book, i can relate to the review. The story was fast paced and the characterization of randy and michael was brilliant. Some times the secondary characters like counsellor's wife and mary felt annoying and unneccessary.
I'm glad you agree! Thank You so much! I hope you read the rest of the book and leave your review ☺

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:13 --
Adeboye wrote:Just has the virtue of motivations 8) tho...

-- 12 Mar 2017, 15:03 --
AA1495 wrote:
Moizajani wrote:
Oh okay! Thanks!
☺☺☺
-- 12 Mar 2017, 15:06 --
Celticlady wrote:I found your review to be most interesting and honest. Thank you for a nice review!

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:14 --
uk8971 wrote:The review does not appear too good and a 2 stars is definitely a put off. Cant make up my mind on reading this novel. Congrats on being the BOTD. :)
Thank You for your comment! I hope you read the sample and decide ☺

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:15 --
constantine265 wrote:Thank you for the review. I like that characterization is well done and good pace of the novel, but neither romance or self-discovery books are my favorite genres.
I understand! Thank You for your comment! ☺

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:16 --
crazy1nutter1 wrote:I found this to be a self-discovery touches of humor read.I think Randy Love has a lot of hits and misses while trying to come into his self.Was well written but didn't find this to be a romantic story was a nice read would recommend it
Thank You for your review! ☺

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:17 --
Abhimanyu Singh wrote:The author has described many tricky and uncomfortable situations that Randy finds himself in. Most of these were highly amusing and added a humor element to the book. Parts of the book also focused on the sharp contrast between Randy and his brother, which was interesting to read. Apart from these, I didn’t find the plot engaging. The book couldn’t hold my attention and I had to read the book in numerous installments. Further, I thought that the book had an abrupt end. While all the sub-plots were complete, I was hoping to read much more about his new-found relationship.
Overall, what I liked best about the book was Randy’s characterization. His personality, experiences and perceptions were described very well. The author portrays his strengths and weaknesses through numerous small incidents, which helped me connect with the character.

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:19 --
H0LD0Nthere wrote:Thanks for this review. Very perceptive. Perhaps it was listed as a romance because Randy is supposed to be a romantic hero who makes us go weak in the knees, if even if there is not just one woman in view.
That's possible. Thank You for your comment! ☺

-- 12 Mar 2017, 16:20 --
Strangerthanfiction wrote:Great review, very thorough and insightful. I certainly doesn't sound like a book that I would read. I too find that a clutter of secondary characters is very frustrating. Thanks so much for sharing.
I'm glad you agree. Thank You for your comment! ☺
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

I thought you did a wonderful job on the review.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Post by psychopathycathy »

I agree - too many secondary characters can be extremely confusing. I read the sample and it seems interesting so far though!
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

psychopathycathy wrote:I agree - too many secondary characters can be extremely confusing. I read the sample and it seems interesting so far though!
I hope you read the rest of the book and leave a review. Thank You for your comment! ☺
Brea_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brea-21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Brea_21 »

Good job on the review. I love the honesty but yet showing the book does have many positive aspects! I love the humor aspect along with the self-discovery. Third person point of view sounds interesting also because usually self-discovery is from first person.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”