Crossfire versus Fifty Shades

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Re: Crossfire versus Fifty Shades

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

I only read the first book of the Crossfire Series but I like it much more than Fifty Shades. I find the Crossfire plot better and the characters are more relatable.
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by christinac_2585 »

I too have read both series. Fifty Shades was my first book in this genre and opened my eyes to what is our there. I like both authors equally because they both have there own ways of describing each character and story. I just read Fifty Shades series recently, so I would have to read the Crossfire series again to see if I have changed my mind at all, but from what I can remember I liked both.
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
ezramoon
Currently Reading: Introducing Eastern Philosophy
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezramoon.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00O2CKQPQ

Post by ezramoon »

Eh. I thought both series were predictable and poorly written. I understand why Crossfire gets compared to Fifty shades, but they just aren't in the same league when it comes to kink.

If possessive, powerful, rich and dominant alpha males are your thing, check out "Monster in his eyes" series. I was swooning for days after reading them.
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
George247
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by George247 »

I have read both crossfire and fifty shades, but I think fifty shades is more entertaining with a lot of sex suspens, which bring out the erotic side of a human being, so I prefer fifty shades.
Samanthabruce
Currently Reading: The Last Valentine
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Samanthabruce »

I feel both of the series are amazing. I do agree that the Crossfire series was better. I also was introduced to this genre by the Fifty Shades series, but I have found many others that are even better.
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

I’ve considered starting the Crossfire series and never got around to it but you guys have me convinced.

Fifty Shades started as Twilight fanfic. And if you’ve read twilight, it’s really annoying how closely Fifty Shades follows it.
Makena Mugendi
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makena-mugendi.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Makena Mugendi »

I have read both books. I'm voting Crossfire. While they are similar, and I think Sylvia Day borrowed some aspects of her story from Fifty Shades, her series is way better. Her characters are better developed, and you can relate to them so much more than in fifty shades.
The heroine in Crossfire is more earthy and experienced, with her own share of pain and heartache that just makes you want to cry for her, compared to the purity of Anna in Fifty shades. I think the hero in both circumstances is well developed.
Basically I support Crossfire because while Fifty shades mainly focuses on the sexual aspect, Crossfire by far has the better story .
ChelleLynnC
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by ChelleLynnC »

Love both, but Grey is my favorite. They are a lot alike and both made me have this fantasy image of what Christian Grey and Gideon Cross looked like. Both series were excellent and I haven’ found any others like them so far.
Lolababs94
Favorite Author: Mariana Zapata
Favorite Book: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolababs94.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 11762

Post by Lolababs94 »

Jennifer Allsbrook wrote: 13 Dec 2016, 19:43 I have been reading erotic fiction for a long time and I enjoyed both Fifty Shades and the Crossfire series. EL James and Sylvia Day have very different writing styles but the substance of their stories are similar. Gideon is sexier than Christian but both these damaged men reach into the woman inside me and make me want to comfort them. Isn't that the purpose of these romantic and erotic stories...to connect to the woman inside of us that stays repressed and suppressed by everyday life? Other authors that excel in this genre include Lorelei James, Lora Leigh, Emma Holley, Lori Foster, Maya Banks...to name just a few. I encourage woman to explore by reading or even writing this type of fiction.

Most definitely! Lora Leigh and Maya Banks are two of the best erotic fiction authors. I also recommend Evangeline Anderson.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

I tried reading the 50 shades books and found the writing so terrible that I gave up almost immediately. Now I have just started the first book of the Crossfire series and it’s definitely much better. I guess I’ll be busy reading for a while 👀
Berry :wine:
Urpita-sarkar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Urpita-sarkar »

I prefer fifty shades because its ending is great and its more amazing than crossfire and i think the characters of fifty shades give you feel of real romance
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

I liked fifty shades more because it was fun to read but crossfire involved too much emotional upheaval for me. Fifty shades suit more to my taste.
PoisonWhiteRose
Currently Reading: Lion Heart
Bookshelf Size: 1967
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poisonwhiterose.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by PoisonWhiteRose »

Fifty shades, to me, was the introduction into the erotica genre. But then I immediately read Crossfire and several others and I realized how ....not good....it was. The storyline wasn't that great whereas Crossfire was so so so good.
Bella_Lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bella-lia.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Bella_Lia »

I have to agree, Fifty shades Introduced me to Erotica. I did enjoy it but I didn't really think I could feel that passionate, kinky side of the characters. In Bared to You, I glared at anyone who even called my name. It was that good.
sugardrop15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugardrop15.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sugardrop15 »

Oh my goodness, finally someone who has read the crossfire novels! I haven't read the Fifty shades yet, but Crossfire is the best set of erotica that I've come across so far! In all of the erotica I've read, Crossfire has the better storyline and Gideon Cross, you can have me whenever, and wherever you want me!
The Reader Between You and Me Booklover18 :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”