Three Sisters Trilogy by Nora Roberts

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mynxofhearts
Currently Reading: Icarus Rising
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mynxofhearts.html
Reading Device: B00REQKWGA

Icon Three Sisters Trilogy by Nora Roberts

Post by Mynxofhearts »

The Three Sisters Trilogy by Nora Roberts consists of 3 books:
Dance Upon the Air
Heaven and Earth
Face the Fire

These books focus on 3 sisters with magical powers, 2 of which have no idea. The third has knowledge of her powers but for the time being, it doesn't reflect the power of the three together.
As with many stories, each sister has her own book which includes love, a struggle of her own, and bonding with the other sisters to have a stronger sense of who she is and who she is meant to be.
We have a truly passive sister, a passive aggressive sister, and an agressice sister. Nora writes each woman as beautiful in a way that matches their personalities. Their stories are full of overcoming self struggles.
Nora writes her novels full of Imagery. I find myself walking the cliffs, falling in love with the scenery, and losing myself in the waves. The books are a smooth read, well written, and extremely responsive to all senses.
I read them quickly, over just a few days. They were fluid and well bonded together as a trilogy. My final thoughts are that while the story might have a little bit of predictability, there was a lot of wiccan magic involved, a lot of beautiful scenery and a great character development. My senses were over taken and I didn't find myself wondering or thinking "well I knew that was going to happen". It was most definitely a 4.5/5 read for me with the single only negative was the predictability of the outcomes of each sisters personal struggle. Fantastic read.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Thank you for your review. It was well written :) Looking forward to reading this one
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

My taste in Nora Roberts novels runs to those with a magical bent. So it is not surprising that I have recently read the Three Sisters Island and Cousins O'Dwyer series back to back.

What strikes me is the similarity of the three main female characters in each trilogy. The protagonist in each of the first books is a petite blonde - Nell in Three Sisters and Iona in the O'Dwyer novel. Both start out as timid pixies, who develop a strong back bone as the story evolves. The second book focuses on two women who are completely opposite of Nell and Iona. Ripley, a brunette and Meara, a red head both have a fiery temper and will of steel. Their challenge in the story is to develop maturity and restraint.

The third book brings the two characters I most enjoy-the black haired beauties Mia and Branna. Of the three pairs, these two women are the “old souls” of the group. They provide grounding around which the other characters operate.

The plot is almost the same in the two series as well. Each woman finds or reunites with a mate and the three couples form a group to battle a centuries old evil force that threatens to destroy them. The group, of course, prevails and “all is well that ends well.”

I have enjoyed both trilogies even though they are the same story in a different guise. If you have read and liked one of these series, the other will likely please you unless you are bothered by the similarity of them.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

Thanks for the review. I will have to keep this in mind as I do like Nora Roberts. I read a trilogy with 3 books by her this last spring and was disappointed. I can't remember at the top of my head what they were called though.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Tpop
Currently Reading: An Obstinate Vanity
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tpop.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Tpop »

I read the first book in this trilogy a few years ago on a trip. I forgot how much I enjoyed her supernatural content. Thank you for the review and for reminding me to pick up where I left off!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Wendy_marie
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Wendy_marie »

I remember the three sisters trilogy. Well not the details of each one as it has been years since I read them. I love Nora Roberts books. I always have. This also includes her "In death" series under her pen name JD Robb.she's a fabulous story teller.
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

I love a good sister story. and Nora doesn't disappoint. Magic is the next best thing about this series, and I'm all here for it!
Humamazhar2018
Currently Reading: The Vatican Children
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Humamazhar2018 »

Thank you so much for a review. I am really fond of magic, fantasy and love witty all together. I like the theme, and really want to read the series.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”