Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HarleyQuinn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Annabel Winslow is an outspoken young woman just grasping the meaning of life. Unfortunately she was raised through minor royalty in the early 1800s where women were meant to be seen and not heard. She moved in with her grandmother who is determined to find her a husband.

Meanwhile Annabel's grandfather Lord Vickers thought of this to be the perfect opportunity to make alliance with Lord Newbury who's wife and son recently passed away. Lord Newbury is nearly three times Annabel's age but has had his eyes specifically on her due to her hips. He claims he wants many children and with her child bearing hips, he is confident she will provide.

Just when Annabel figured her future had been predestined, she meets Sebastian Grey. While he annoyed the living hell out of her, there was something about him the she couldn't resist. Sebastian Grey was a writer and a playboy that used sarcasm as a defensive mechanism. With his constant writer's block, he may have finally found his muse. He wasn't the type to settle down, at least until he met Annabel.

There was something about her that made him feel weak inside. They first met at a party they were both attending, she was just assaulted by her soon to be husband when she ran out in a rage. Looking up at the stars she didn't even see Sebastian sitting in the grass until she nearly tumbled over him. Ever since that moment he knew his life had changed though he couldn't put his finger on the exactly thing that was changing it.

Julia Quinn goes back and forth between the view of Sebastian Grey and Annabel Winslow which gives contrast to the emotions you as a reader feels through both of the different personalities. Quinn knows just how to throw your heart into a rapid pace as she introduces young Annabel to her true first love and the intimacy that goes with it.

There aren't too many authors who can portray the early 1800s and make you feel the same emotions the character feels; but I believe this was very well written. She has a way of painting imagery and sentiment as her words flow across the page. I would definitely give this book a 4/4.
Last edited by Gravy on 05 May 2016, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected thread title
Lolababs94
Favorite Author: Mariana Zapata
Favorite Book: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolababs94.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 11762

Post by Lolababs94 »

I've heard about this book but hadn't read it. Your summary is quite interesting and I feel inspired to read it next. Thanks!
Hillary odhiambo
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Hillary odhiambo »

This book I awesome
mhiz ola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mhiz ola »

very well interesting and reasonable
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

I have only read one book by Julia Quinn (Minx) and I really enjoyed it! I remember getting an ARC of this book years ago when I worked at a book store. I never got around to reading it, but your review makes me want to hunt down my copy and devour it.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Trying to pick out a book to read. While I like the plot of this book, I'm not sure how I feel about it being set in the 1800's. Nice review though.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”