Divergent Bloodline by TJ Shaw

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Divergent Bloodline by TJ Shaw

Post by Birdlady1950 »

THE BEAUTIFUL COP

THE HUNKY VAMPIRE KING

AND AN ATTRACTION THAT CAN'T BE DENIED

They don't what has hit them when the heat, attraction, and longing begins; they are confused and worried. Can the lonely cop and the vampire king form an alliance of life and love?

STORY LINE:

Viviane Taylor is a detective in the homicide division; she is a good detective with excellent instincts and hunches. Called to the scene of a gruesome murder, Viviane, has a hunch that Julian DeMatteo's involved. DeMatteo, reputed mobster, has his fingers in lots of pies. His reputation is one of philanthropic endeavors and community action, but Viviane knows he has a seamy side as well.

The first meeting is a revelation to both of them. What is going on? What are they so attracted beyond reason to each other? How can this possibility work to the good of the human or vampire world?

Come along with Viviane and Julian has they solve mysteries, murders, answers to questions they didn't know existed and perhaps find love.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, AND DEVELOPMENT:

Author TJ Shaw begins this novel with a bang and the action never slows nor lags. From the first pages, I realized I was in for a great vampire love story and would be up late reading. This is an intriguing, emotion filled story of two people who are private, lonely, closed off, and needy, yet to all appearances they have it all.

One an accomplished police officer, the other is Vampire King (Immortals as they prefer) of the Western Clans; a species and complex world unknown to humans. One is about to go against all she believes, her code of honor and her principles; the other is facing betrayal of the very rules he created.

Ms. Shaw portrayed the emotional battles with intensity and skill. Ms. Shaw's descriptions of Julian and Viviane's emotions and thoughts were so vivid, I could feel the confusion, the need, the protectiveness, the loneliness, and the burning desire. The love between Julian and Viviane is explosive, hot, and steamy. Julian's need to protect Viviane is so sweet, and so sigh worthy.

The mystery of Viviane's past was skillfully and slowly revealed; what a surprise! This book has several surprises in store for the reader. This is not the same old vampire story from the past. You will not be bored with this book.

Ms. Shaw kept the mystery and emotion at high peak throughout this novel. The plot and pace of the novel were on target and masterfully executed by Ms. Shaw. The pace did not lag or slow. This novel will keep you up long into the night as you the devour each page. Ms. Shaw builds her vampire world of politics, emotions, greed, jealousies, and of course love, expertly as she shows her world much like the human world; with the same faults, failures, and successes. Of course, every hero and heroine must an adversity and Ms. Shaw created worthy opponents in her story.

This book includes all the elements needed for a successful book. The author expertly developed the characters and story-line; her pacing and scenes flowed seamlessly from one scene to the next. Ms. Shaw skillfully wove the many threads in this book into a complete and cohesive story; her command of the story-telling is evident as her writing style is clear, fresh, and well-formed.

I hope Ms. Shaw has plans to expand this story into a series, as I can see several avenues open for continuance of the story-line.

RECOMMENDATION: 5 STARS

This is the first of Ms. Shaw's book I have read; it will not be the last. I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves to read a book that is well-written, well-developed, and keeps the reader's attention throughout the book. It does contain several love scenes; I did not consider them explicit, overdone nor lengthy, rather love between two people very much in love and mated.

Book Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest book review. All book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion; all book reviews on line, on my blog and under my name are my opinion.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Birdlady1950 »

REVISED BOOK REVIEW OF DIVERGENT BLOODLINE

THE BEAUTIFUL COP

THE HUNKY VAMPIRE KING

AND AN ATTRACTION THAT CAN'T BE DENIED

They don't what know has hit them when the heat, attraction, and longing begins; they are confused and worried. Can the lonely cop and the vampire king form an alliance of life and love?

STORY-LINE:

Viviane Taylor is a detective in the homicide division; she is a good detective with excellent instincts and hunches. Called to the scene of a gruesome murder, Viviane has a hunch that Julian DeMatteo's involved. DeMatteo, reputed mobster, has his fingers in lots of pies. His reputation is one of philanthropic endeavors and community action, but Viviane knows he has a seamy side as well.

The first meeting is a revelation to both of them. What is going on? What are they so attracted beyond reason to each other? How can this possibly work to the good of the human or vampire world?

Come along with Viviane and Julian as they solve mysteries, murders, answers to questions they didn't know existed and perhaps find love. My vampire romance book reviews follow.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

TJ Shaw begins this novel with a bang and the action never slows nor lags. From the first pages, I realized I was in for a great vampire love story and would be up late reading. This is an intriguing, emotion-filled story of two people who are private, lonely, closed off, and needy, yet to all appearances, they have it all.

One an accomplished police officer, the other is Vampire King (Immortals as they prefer) of the Western Clans; a species and complex world unknown to humans. One is about to go against all she believes, her code of honor and her principles; the other is facing betrayal of the very rules he created. TJ Shaw portrayed the emotional battles with intensity and skill. Her descriptions of Julian and Viviane's emotions and thoughts were so vivid I could feel the confusion and need. As well as, the protectiveness, loneliness, and burning desire. The love between Julian and Viviane is explosive, hot, and steamy. His need to protect Viviane is so sweet, and so sigh worthy.

The mystery of Viviane's past is skillfully and slowly revealed; what a surprise! This book has several surprises in store for the reader. This is not the same old vampire story from the past. You will not be bored with this book.

MY OPINION:

Shaw kept the mystery and emotion at high peak throughout this novel. The plot and pace were on target and masterfully executed. The pace did not lag or slow. Divergent Bloodline will keep you up long into the night as you the devour each page. Shaw builds her vampire world of politics, emotions, greed, jealousies, and of course, love, expertly as she shows her world much like the human world; with the same faults, failures, and successes. Of course, every hero and heroine must face adversity, and TJ Shaw created worthy opponents in her story.

This book includes all the elements needed for a successful story. The author expertly developed the characters and story-line; Shaw's pacing and scenes flowed seamlessly from one scene to the next. Shaw skillfully wove the many threads in this book into a complete and cohesive story; her command of the story-telling is evident as her writing style is clear, fresh, and well-formed.

I hope she has plans to expand this story into a series, as I can see several avenues open for continuance of the story-line.
RECOMMENDATION: STARS 5

This is the first of TJ Shaw's book I have read; it will not be the last. I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves to read a story that is well-written, well-developed, and holds the reader's attention. It does contain several love scenes; I did not consider them explicit, overdone nor lengthy, rather love between two people very much in love and mated.

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE:

Book Review copy provided via --------- in exchange for honest vampire romance book reviews. All reviews of any novel are dependent on the author’s opinion; all reviews online, on my blog and under my name are my opinion.
Attachments
pro_pbid_1247752.jpg
pro_pbid_1247752.jpg (26.37 KiB) Viewed 478 times

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”