Ashley Belle Dean Koontz

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Decca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Ashley Belle Dean Koontz

Post by Decca »

Has anyone else read this. Normally love Dean Koontz work and have read the majority of his novels. Ive found all of his previous books (except one) had epic intricate thought provoking story lines with humorous characters you fall in love with and underlying dark plots that make you wonder what is hidden from view in this world. Ashley Bell was sadly lacking in any of this.....the basic storyline was good but left me confused instead of intrigued as it unwound. The characters were only slightly interesting and as the book paned out and I kept waiting for that grip I normally get with Dean's books...I was sadly left disappointed and by the end thought 'What was the point?
Angelique1027
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Angelique1027 »

I concur...Dean Koontz is my favorite author...aside from Arthur Golden who only wrote one book, Memoirs of a Geisha. HIGHLY recommend reading that book. I'm almost halfway into Ashley Belle and have to occasionally check that I'm reading the same author? I love the usual implementation of dogs, however, I'm a little bored...hopefully it will pick up? Right before I bought this book, I read 'Whispers' which was definitely I wild ride and highly gripping. My first introduction SO many years ago to Dean Koontz was "One Door Away From Heaven" My favorite no matter what. I will keep reading Ashley Belle and hope the book grips me as much as all his others have.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”