Confess by Coleen Hoover <spoilers>

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lady_liTTle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Beautiful Bastard</a>
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-little.html
Latest Review: "Second Chance Heart" by Marie Lavender
Reading Device: 1400699894

Confess by Coleen Hoover <spoilers>

Post by Lady_liTTle »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. Here are some of my random thoughts on the book...
I absolutely loved Danny O'Connor's artwork and the way his pieces were incorporated into the story.
With that being said, I wanted to connect more with Owen. I wish for more depth to his character, I wish there were more descriptions of his physique. I also feel that Owen and Auburn should have spent more time with each other, it's just very hard to establish a strong understanding of their connection from the seven days (or what it felt like) of interaction they had. The whole backstory of "fate" was a bit too much for me and I wish either that was not in the book at all or it was handled differently. I wanted Owen to tell Auburn that he knew Adam, that he knew HER before she came into his life for the second time. The fact that she doesn't put two and two together when it comes to the painting of Owen's that she owns is ridiculous.
First of all, the book describes Auburn connecting with Owen's art to the point of her crying over one of the paintings. She takes time looking at all of them and it sure seems like she loves them a whole bunch. Okay. Good. NOW... Upon examining 22 of his paintings, did she not pick up on the whole recurring "face, skull, roses" theme? because after looking at a bunch of O'Connor's pieces I sure as hell did. Now, when you look at the painting of the hands... skull... and roses... I don't know, wouldn't she at least WONDER about it? I mean, O'Connor's/Owen's style is so prominent I just can't get over this. And this is also kind of what killed it for me at the end... the fact that he never came clean about it and her being a blind dumbass :) lol
Latest Review: "Second Chance Heart" by Marie Lavender
mistressofromance69
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mistressofromance69 »

This was my least favorite of her books, but I did like it. I think it's thinking outside the box adding these different art mediums to her books. I love Colleen. She is the most generous person I know. I believe I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars on all the usual sites to post reviews.
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

Confess by Colleen Hoover is a standalone novel that allows the reader to believe in fate and love, even when everything is against Auburn and Owen. Confess is told from first person point of views for both Auburn and Owen and provides a love story that struggles against multiple obstacles, making them both stronger and more real. I loved how Colleen Hoover creates characters that readers can relate to and follow in their growth as individuals and a couple. Auburn and Owen have many flaws but their determination and love for one another allows the reader to refuse to put the book down until their story is over. I would recommend this novel to fans of contemporary romance.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
Yousra Choua

Post by Yousra Choua »

Confess is surely not my favorite book of CoHo , first the conection between Auburn and Owen and the "fate thing" did not convice that much for me the way they loved and bonded in 7 days wasn't that smart they should spent more time with each other secondaly I was waiting for the moment when Auburn will know that Owen knew her before and he was the reason to have the last Good-Bye with Adam and the paiting is his also it's dumb that Aubuurn didn't see that it's the same tgype of paiting of Owen paiting in the gallery so I was a little disapointed when the book was over without that conversation between them also I wanted to know more about Auburn and Adam how they met how was he her first so more flashbacks will be good finally Confess was one of the books that I struggled to finish in the middle of it events were boring literally was no events not like the last 85 pages action was present so u have the want to keep reading I add also that m that type of person after reading a book I ask myself what's your conclusion Yousra like the moral from it here am not finding any in Confess .THANK YOU FOR READING I give it 3 from 5
Sabrina ankrom

Post by Sabrina ankrom »

This was a good book, not her best by far but it was still pretty good read . I never got bored with this book. I would give it a 3 out of 5 because it could have been more action packed and not dragged out so long . It had a good story line and a really good ending but took some time to get to the story line of the book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”