The Billionaire's Obsession By J.S. Scott

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tlsabatu1488
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlsabatu1488.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Billionaire's Obsession By J.S. Scott

Post by tlsabatu1488 »

Hello Everyone,
The Billionaire's Obsession By J.S. Scott is a series complied of four books. Those books are Mine For Tonight, Mine For Now, Mine Forever and Mine Completely.
Kara Foster is a young woman who is working full-time at a diner, late at night, while going to school to be a nurse. One night after Kara leaves work, she faints and Simon Hudson is the one who rescues her. He makes sure that a doctor sees her and that she is taken care of. Simon convinces Kara to stay the night. When morning comes, Kara finds out that Simon's assistant has discovered that Kara's roommate has been lying to her. Opposed to taking the money which Kara provides to there for her portion of the bills, the woman was pocketing the money and ultimately moved everything out but a few boxes of Kara's which Simon has brought to his condo. Kara begins to panic. Ideas cross her mind and she ultimately speaks to herself about what she must do.
Simon Hudson is an alpha male and reclusive billionaire. Simon's mother owns the small town diner which Kara works at and he is immediate infatuated with her. Simon's mother speaks of Kara as if she were her own daughter allowing Simon to acquire information on Kara, including information into her troubled past. Simon feels the need to protect Kara and so every night which Kara works, he hides in the shadows across the street in order to follow her home and make sure she gets there safely. After a year of doing so, Simon was there and able to save Kara when she fainted. Simon is controlling, demanding, reclusive and scarred but Kara only sees his beauty.
Simon is overly protective of Kara, cares for her immensely and has cared for her on a deeper level ever since he saw her which is why Simon insists that Kara stay with him, for free, on one condition. Kara is to quit her job at the diner in order to concentrate on school and graduation. Kara agrees but the question remains, did she sign a deal with the devil? This book does have a happy ending but there are many twists and turns which happen a long the way.
This is a series which I have read over a handful of times and never get tired of. The characters are well developed and the plot is flawless. It shows that beauty is not on the outside, beauty is internal and love is forever. This is why I rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars.
tlsabatu11488
ANCD
Currently Reading: Left Behind
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ancd.html

Post by ANCD »

Can you compare this series to any others you may have read?
tlsabatu1488

Post by tlsabatu1488 »

ANCD,
I have read many series such as the Fifty Shades Trilogy, Crossfire Series, Desire Series, The Boss Series, etc. and while I can compare The Billionaires Obsession to each of these it is one of those questions where what do you want it compared to. There is also the fact that it also depends on your preferences and tastes with the erotic romance novels. If you would like to have me compare it to a series that I have read or listed, I will gladly do so. Just let me know.
DesiP
Currently Reading: Modern Wicked
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desip.html
Latest Review: "All Roads Lead to Hades" by K.S. Morgan
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by DesiP »

I absolutely agree with eveything that tlsabatu1488 said about this series. I have read it several times, and I have to say the every time I read it I compare it to 50 Shades, in that the main lead male has had some traumatic thing happen to him in the past that has made him the way that he currently is with his sexual predilection. I think that Simon has much more reason to be the way that he is than Christian ever did. Love the story!
Latest Review: "All Roads Lead to Hades" by K.S. Morgan
lpennington
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lpennington »

So far, I would compare this series mainly to the Crossfire series. The characters have issues from their past, but, for the most part, there isn't really much of the same stuff going on as in the Red Room of Pain.
tlsabatu1488

Post by tlsabatu1488 »

Ipennington,
You are correct that this book is more like the Crossfire Series than the Fifty Shades Trilogy. Simon is an alpha male who has a troubled past. Unlike Christian, Simon is not into BDSM but they are both about control.
Judyk
Currently Reading: Orphan Train
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyk.html

Post by Judyk »

Apparently I need to read the Crossfire Series because I really enjoyed this series. There is just something about a woman being able to help a man, especially when he doesn't know he is broken or has no desire to fix it Who is the author of the crossfire series?
Hanleigh Bradley
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanleigh-bradley.html
Latest Review: "Back To You" by Chontelle Brison

Post by Hanleigh Bradley »

Reading all your thoughts on this series just led me to buy the first book. Really looking forward to reading it. Thanks. :)
Latest Review: "Back To You" by Chontelle Brison
Rini Said

Post by Rini Said »

Reason why I love billionaire character in a book is : He has money, but not love. Reading that kind of plots where he fell in love is interesting. Just getting started to read this book, hope it won't disappoint.
Kmallen
Currently Reading: Jane Steele
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Kmallen »

Found this book I think on sale or special and man did I tear through her entire collection quickly. While I patiently wait for her next book in the Sinclair series to come out on August 30th, I love that she writes in such a way that I have not problem going back and reading her books over and over. From the Harrisons to the Colters to the Sinclairs, I don't care which but she is constantly unfolding and creating more opportunities to get to know this vast family of friends. Also, her creation of dialogue and points of reference through out her series, not just in the Billionaires Obsession collection, to helping women in domestic violence situations speaks to how she cares about the characters and plots she creates.
Luv4Books

Post by Luv4Books »

Read this one and several others from JS Scott.. love when I can find them free or on sale... The stories continue to flow smoothly and at times keep you on edge.
Lolababs94
Favorite Author: Mariana Zapata
Favorite Book: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolababs94.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 11762

Post by Lolababs94 »

I only read book 1 and 2 in the series. I didn't like it as much as thought I would. I found Simon rather controlling and a bit stalker-ish, but given the genre this is in, I guess it shouldn't have been too surprising.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”