Official Review: How To Marry Your Wife

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Official Review: How To Marry Your Wife

Post by bookowlie »

That's interesting that the book you (bluemel4) were given didn't contain the errors. I have seen this type of think happen before, where an author will post that the wrong file was uploaded either on Amazon or OBC. As for the book itself, people will often have different opinions of the same book. However, I was surprised to see a 2/5 star ratin (by hudecek) with a comment that "the story was good for the most part." I don't mean to parse anyone's words, but I got the sense from that comment that the book was better than a 2 rating. I do agree that incorrect word usage in a published book can be very annoying.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
khudecek
Favorite Author: Depends on Genre
Favorite Book: The Angel and the Outlaw
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khudecek.html
Latest Review: "See Bride Run!" by Charlotte Hughes

Post by khudecek »

bookowlie wrote:That's interesting that the book you (bluemel4) were given didn't contain the errors. I have seen this type of think happen before, where an author will post that the wrong file was uploaded either on Amazon or OBC. As for the book itself, people will often have different opinions of the same book. However, I was surprised to see a 2/5 star ratin (by hudecek) with a comment that "the story was good for the most part." I don't mean to parse anyone's words, but I got the sense from that comment that the book was better than a 2 rating. I do agree that incorrect word usage in a published book can be very annoying.
The reasons I gave it that was for the confusion with the scenes and the wrong word usage. Blumel4 was absolutely correct with the confusion part of it. It made the story hard to follow. The wrong words exacerbated my frustration.

My opinion is that Thomas and his sense of humor saved the book. If it hadn't been for him, I may not have finished it. But, it's just my opinion. I didn't do the official review and what blumel4 wrote stands.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

~~
"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
Latest Review: "See Bride Run!" by Charlotte Hughes
jerry4reallov1
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jerry4reallov1 »

Hmmmmm beautiful I love the story line is unique, Is very interesting.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

From the book's title , one can tell it's going to be a very funny book. I mean how else do you marry your wife . :D Romance is not my best genre but I like a good laugh and the comic side of this book is very enticing. I will definitely try this book. I just hope I don't get confused with its historical stuffs.Thanks for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”