What is your favorite romance book/series?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wiwek
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your favorite romance book/series?

Post by Wiwek »

My favourite romance is the feeling myself that i got carried away when i was carried away by the limlight of the god that inspires me to embrace the love to all over the world not just for feels but for human kindness and substrate of evilness
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I love the romance genre, but sometimes it gets a bit too emotional and I have to change it up. I definitely love Katie Mcgarry, Nicholas Sparks and Julie Garwood, particularly because of the other storyline’s that go along with the romance, such as the action or historical aspects that create greater depth to the novel.
Mrswray
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Mrswray »

I love Laurann Dohners New Species series they can be read in order or as a standalone. Each book has a different main character but you'll see some of the previous main characters throughout the entire series. I just couldn't seem to put them down.
Chandel87

Post by Chandel87 »

Ok I have three because they always have me rereading them. One for heart tugging romance, one for a good laugh, and one for a rougher darker approach. It’s even hard narrowing it down to three series because I have so many that I love for so many different reasons.
Something in the way series by Jessica Hawkins is a great series. I think I have read it 3 times. Anything by Jessica Hawkins I absolutely adore her writing flows so nicely and her characters grab you right away.
Another great one is the beautiful bastard series by Christine lauren. This writing due has be dying laughing at the characters and their antics, which can be awkward when you are reading it in public and start laughing hysterically. Might look crazy in public with these but they never disappoint.
Lastly of course the crossfire series by Silvia day. Many people compare and rag on her for how similar it is to fifty shades of grey, however a lot of romance series have similarities now a days. The reason I prefer this series over fifty shades is the writing styles and developement of characters. I feel Silvia is a more seasoned writer and is a little more eloquent in her story telling.
Babyshamu98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babyshamu98.html
Latest Review: Blood Red Moon by Lee Roberts

Post by Babyshamu98 »

My go to romance book series are the various Christine Feehan series, and the Sea View House series by Linda Barrett.
aleighs16

Post by aleighs16 »

Nora Roberts is an author i will always look to for romance columns. she brings love alive in a way i never knew existed
Dave Manny
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dave-manny.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Dave Manny »

The Suzanne Brockmann trouble shooters series is really good. it incorporates action, angst, romance and some healthy love scenes. the characters are not cut from the same cloth so they are totally different.... love it.
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by NicholsC97 »

I haven't read that series but I highly recommend the follow ones.
The Devlin Brothers -Diana Duncan
The Survive Series - Diana Duncan
The Night Huntress - Jeaniene Frost
Bluegrass - Kathleen Brooks
Embattled - J. M. Madden

Those are all awesome romance series, that's not even getting into all of my favorite single reads.
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Post by daphne_asir »

I loved the Charley davidson series. I enjoyed everything about the book. The plot, humour and the characters. And of course the romance!
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

aleighs16 wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 20:02 Nora Roberts is an author i will always look to for romance columns. she brings love alive in a way i never knew existed
I've never read her books but always wanted to. Heard so many good things about her writing
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

inaramid wrote: 05 Dec 2017, 10:34 I like romance more when its embedded in a whole other universe filled with intrigue, suspense, action, and a heap of fantasy.
I totally agree! I end up reading fantasy series with romance in them. Not sure what I enjoy more.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Harmony Hills wrote: 01 Aug 2017, 07:38 The Selection series and Twilight Saga are my favorites! I just can't take away the smile on my face whenever i read romance. <3 <3 :D
Finally someone mentions twilight! I loved the romance too maybe not the love triangle. But still I don't think it deserves the hate it gets.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

R-Myra wrote: 22 Feb 2018, 06:47 I would definitely say Twilight. It is beautifully written. The depiction of Edward's emotion is brilliant and obviously Bella is strange (in a good way) and a lovable character.
Bella is kinda relatable too. I feel like she's underappreciated. There are all kinds of people and they all are brave in their own way!
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Queen Carmen wrote: 16 Feb 2017, 15:26 As I said earlier, my all time favorite is the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, but I have recently read 2 different series that I loved and are definitely worth mentioning. One was the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning, which has 9 books so far and the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, which has 12 books and counting. If anyone is looking for a great paranormal romance series, these 3 are awesome.

I loved Charles Davidson series, kinda stumbled upon the series and I was hooked! Thank you so much for the recommendations. I searched so much for books similar to this series. I'll be sure to check them out!
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

TheLoudLibrarian wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 22:38 I absolutely love romance books. Two of my favourite authors are Susane Colasanti and Sarah Dessen, and I recommend their books. For a romance series I would recommend The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. It also has a spin-off book series. It's an action/adventure romance that has twists and turns but isn't too much. It's not cheesy either, and it's well written. I wish you the best of luck! :D

I loved the vampire academy series! Rose and Demitri were amazing but for some reason I ended up loving Adrian so much in the bloodlines series!
Shirley Jackson

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”