What is your favorite romance book/series?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
winet1965
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winet1965.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Re: What is your favorite romance book/series?

Post by winet1965 »

Anything written by Kristen Ashley is the best for me! I've read all her books and I can tell you that I laughed where I was supposed to laugh and cried where I was supposed to cry. I stalk her web site to see when her new books will come out so I don't miss out on all her amazing books :-)
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
JessieMarie84
Currently Reading: Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessiemarie84.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Post by JessieMarie84 »

I'm a big fan of Nora Roberts and Jude Deveraux. I've read many of Jude's older stuff, not so much of newer after 2005 stuff. Nora's stuff, I love all her stuff but I love her stuff with magic and witches. Not a big fan of her J. D. Robb stuff, though. Give me some Nora or Jude any day and I'll read right through it in a few days.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Queen Carmen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 502">Sweet Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: City of Glass
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-carmen.html
Latest Review: "Guardian of Paradise" by W.E. Lawrence
Publishing Contest Votes: 3

Post by Queen Carmen »

As I said earlier, my all time favorite is the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, but I have recently read 2 different series that I loved and are definitely worth mentioning. One was the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning, which has 9 books so far and the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones, which has 12 books and counting. If anyone is looking for a great paranormal romance series, these 3 are awesome.
Latest Review: "Guardian of Paradise" by W.E. Lawrence
Caryn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Caryn »

My favorite books are the Billionaire series
Iamtarun

Post by Iamtarun »

For romantics I think collen Hoover, John Greene are the most beautiful writers. The fault in my stars and confess are the examples.
chattykathy
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chattykathy.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by chattykathy »

I love books that some of Nora Roberts stuff especially when she writes about families. Her McGragor's series are funny and make it easy to feel like you are visiting old friends when you reread them. I am not big on Withcraft stuff that she writes about. I also love books like Janet Oke or even Take me to the Start (Volume 1)By JR Kavit is a great read. This one was a sci-fi romance that made you not realize it was a sci-fi until the end. I am also a huge Debbie Macomber fan. She is another one that writes about big families with humor.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Shela Zapanta
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Shela Zapanta »

I have read so many and it's kind of difficult to choose. But I'll stick to my all time favorite author Susan Elizabeth Philipps' Chicago Stars series. I just keep on re-reading them over and over again. I just love their the characters playful banter and the author's humor. SEP just creates a real life character that makes you relate to them. And the heartbreak part just makes you literally cry and put the book down. I just want this series to not end
DRmomma16

Post by DRmomma16 »

I have so many favorites but right now im reading the Stark International Trilogy by J. Kenner. Its a pretty good trilogy. Definitely not my favorite but i think its worth reading!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I would have to say any book by Mr. Sparks becomes my favorite romance book. When he has a new book out, if I love it, it becomes my new favorite!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
classicaltwist
Currently Reading: The Algorithm Design Manual
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-classicaltwist.html
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by classicaltwist »

Well, it's not strictly romance but I would have to say the Anne of Green Gables series. The relationship between Anne and Gilbert is one of the most natural and believable ones I've ever read.
"The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind." -- William Blake
Latest Review: "The Stealer of Memories" by Mois Benarroch
ReadtoLive
Bookshelf Size: 531
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readtolive.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by ReadtoLive »

"Flowers from the Storm" by Laura Kinsale is a book I've read many times. Great plot and characters. I also really love her book "The Prince of Midnight".
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
DyslexicPuppy
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyslexicpuppy.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by DyslexicPuppy »

My favorite romance book definitely has to be Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. I've read it so many times. :)
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
CZCampbell
Currently Reading: Nighthawk: Sons of de Wolfe
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czcampbell.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CZCampbell »

I do not know if it is my all time favorite but I recently read the Borderland Brides series by Allison Butler and thoroughly enjoyed them. They are Scottish romance novels.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Alhen James
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6028">The Darkest Hour</a>
Currently Reading: Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 136

Post by Alhen James »

For young adult romance, I love Abbi Glines books in Rosemary beach series. For contemporary romance, I love Colorado Mountain series, Burg series, and Rock Chick series, all by Kristen Ashley. For paranormal romance, I love Carrie Ann Ryan's Dante's Circle, Thieves and Hunter series by Lexi Blake, the Captive series by Erica Stevens, and Breeds by Lora Leigh. For erotic romace, I love Masters and Mercenaries series by Lexi Blake, and Lusty Texas series by Cara Covington. I also love military romance stories like KGI series by Maya Banks and Elite Ops Series by Lora Leigh.
Debby Peekay
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Debby Peekay »

I love romance, it's my favourite genre. So it was quite hard narrowing in it down to one book. Finally I came up with The Greek Tycoons Disobedient Bride by Lynne Graham. I can't count how many times I have read the book and I never get bored.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”