What is your favorite romance book/series?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Re: What is your favorite romance book/series?

Post by Spirit Wandering »

Three Sisters Island trilogy by Nora Roberts. It is the story of three modern witches. They are the descendants of three sisters who forged an island (hence the name of series) in order to escape the Salem witch trials. The men they fall in love with are also connected to the island in various ways. The three couples battle an ancient enemy. Nell, Ripley and Mia are very different women but each are strong and memorable in their own way.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
Asile
Currently Reading: Dark Blood
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asile.html
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Post by Asile »

Hmmm. My favorite book/series is so difficult to pinpoint. There are so many that I could easily pick any of them back up and reread them all. However, there is one author that has produced the most series that I did enjoy. Christine Feehan has written some of the best paranormal romance novels. They are exciting and captivating, while adding a spin to witches, vampires, and super soldiers. Each has their own spellbound series. The Sea Haven, Dark, and Ghost Walkers series are favorites and just looking at them makes me want to go through and reread all of them again.
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner
JanieReads
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janiereads.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by JanieReads »

Romance has always been my go-to genre! I have a whole list of authors I love. My favorite romance books are the ones with a lot of action mixed in. I love Julie Garwood, Allison Brennan, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, and Lori Foster. I literally own every book written by all these authors.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Preciosonic
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Preciosonic »

wow,I really can pick,I loved Redeeming love by Francine Rivers, then I loved Love spell by Nelle Macfather,A gentleman's honour by Stephanie Laurens,The Lord of the Manor,etc but the series which I have come to prefer are Love Inspired Suspense series, in fact all Harlequin's series, please I can't remember the author of 'The Lord of the Manor',can someone be kind to remind me please...
MaiAnto
Currently Reading: Feral
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by MaiAnto »

I have a few favourites, Immortals after dark, Black dagger brotherhood, Lords of the underworld to name a few
Lisa6681
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lisa6681 »

It honestly depends on my mood. I have my go-to series that I keep coming back to, like Karen Marie Moning's "Fever" series (I find something new each time I re-read them) then there is Sherilyn Kenyon's "Dark Hunter" series. These are more in depth reads, but sometimes I'm in a lighter mood, so I read Jayne Ann Krentz in her "Harmony" series. But I'm always on the lookout for a good series!
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

Wrong series by Jana aston. these books are my go to everytime am sad or bored. the humour is refreshing
AKristin
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =193418">A moment to remember</a>
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by AKristin »

Of course we all love to read romance by reading it we get to experience the character's emotions. We fall inlove with them and get hurt and we learn from the characters' mistakes but still love them despite their flaws. And well my all time favorite would be The Notebook. Nicholas Sparks never disappoints with his novels. He would make you cry so hard and wish you had that kind love his characters had. Then of course Twilight. It's funny how my favorites contrast each other. What I love about The Twilight Series despite all the craziness in it is the Romeo and Juliet kind of plot it gave you and that after all the trials they've been through they still got that piece of "forever" and that make you hope for your own "piece of forever".
Fakwema
Currently Reading: Obeying Evil
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Fakwema »

Hex hall by Rachael hawkins
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Till now, Fifty Shades of Grey is my favourite romance book series :)
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Kovna Louis
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Kovna Louis »

I don't read/love romance books nearly as much as I do thrillers. Therefore, the only romance books I love are the only ones I usually read : Danielle Steel's and Barbara Taylor Bradford's.
Cutienerdy21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutienerdy21.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by Cutienerdy21 »

The Mackenzies / McBrides Series by Jennifer Ashley!!!

I love it so much that I lost count of times I reread it. It's that addicting. All the heroes and heroines have their own characteristics and spotlight that whenever they are mentioned, they sparkle brightly on their own.

I hate it when the hero in the first book is mentioned as a sub-character in the next one, I felt as if the author is downplaying them a little so the hero for the second one can shine... it's depressing me..

I love Ian Mackenzie the most here!!!
I keep searching his name for him to show at the next books... Kyaaa!!! Just remembering his "...love you,love you,love you,love you,love you..." to Beth brings a smile to my face and my hands itching to read it again...

I probably should shut up now...
So that's my favorite book by the way :D
Saskia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Saskia »

I am a huge fan of Krista and Becca Ritchie (a twin writing duo). I will read anything they write, the romance is perfect; steam and sweet. The plot is well written and the characters are just... my favorite. Frankly I love all of their written characters.

I would highly recommend their addict series!
Jill Fletcher
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jill Fletcher »

Johanna Lindsey- Viking Haardrad Family Series with the 3rd book "Surrender My Love" being my favorite. I liked the chemistry between her characters when she writes scenes. :)
Cutienerdy21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutienerdy21.html

Post by Cutienerdy21 »

Jill Fletcher wrote:Johanna Lindsey- Viking Haardrad Family Series with the 3rd book "Surrender My Love" being my favorite. I liked the chemistry between her characters when she writes scenes. :)
Kyaaa!!! love that one too!!!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”