Official Review: Melanie's Evanescent Journey by B Truly

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Re: Official Review: Melanie's Evanescent Journey by B Truly

Post by briellejee »

A unique and intriguing plot. It sounds like a teenage romance cliché yet I find myself wanting to find out what happened next. I also like how it stands alone from the previous books. Definitely would add this on my to-read list.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Jaclyn5678
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Jaclyn5678 »

This is a very detailed wonderful review. It sounds like a book that might spark my interest with mystery romance! Looking forward to checking it out.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Great review. This is right up my alley. I love a good light read. I need to sit down and read this one, possibly the others too!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Sounds like a fast paced read. The author B. Truly's famous reads are Temptation Trials series. I think I can look forward to a good read.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

Thanks for this thoughtful review! Romance novels aren't usually my thing, but it looks like there's more than just romance under this book's cover. :) I may just have to give it a shot!
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

Over the age of 17?! This sounds like every teen TV series I've ever seen advertised and watched. So I might end up reading it.
Radhika Pant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Radhika Pant »

People search for the books which made them curious about it... i think that people will go through this book...
And the thing you have mentioned that you would not recommend young adults this book....but the consequences you were talking about are also useful for them too....they also have fantasies and would definitely have readed your material....which is way more intresting...
So this is also good and quit creative or knowlegable for them too...
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks a lot for the review. It is very informative. I think I will not be reading this. Paranormal romance is not one of my preferred genres. Congrats to the author. It is good to know that there are developments that will keep one glued to the book.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

I am a little confused. 'Melanie’s Evanescent Journey" is listed as the second book in the Sonar Series. Both on Amazon and here on Online Book Club .org. Is there another book I'm missing?

After reading the sample of "Melanie’s Evanescent Journey", I enjoyed the read and thought the series would be an excellent choice for something light to read as I fell asleep. I found the first and the third books in the series. I now have them on my Kindle and intend to begin at the beginning.

Now it seems there is another book that goes between #1 and this one?? Can you please help me figure this out?

Thank you.
Babypujari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babypujari.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Babypujari »

Sounds really romantic and thrilling. I would certainly add this book to my want to read shelves. Thanks for the nice review.
cherrygirl3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrygirl3.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by cherrygirl3 »

Who doesn't love the mysterious heart throb? I have to admit that I am a fan of the young adult paranormal books like Twilight. The fact that this sounds a little more mature makes it even more enticing. I also like that this is a stand alone book so that I don't necessarily have to have read the others first. However, this sounds like it will be a great series to read. I plan to check this one out and go from the there.
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

Thanks for this review. The sample has given me enough to pique my curiosity, and your review has strengthened it, so I think I'll give this interesting book a read to see how it unfolds.
Dan_A
Currently Reading: Be strong
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-a.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dan_A »

I love reading sci-fi and paranormal romance. Jason's secret intrigues me so much that I will begin to read this book.
This review is so insightful.
I am sensible about the issue of teenagers having sex early without precaution. In my country, teenage pregnancy is rampant due to unprotected sex. And HIV is becoming alarming.
I will like very much to wriggle their ears, of Melanie and Jason for not thinking of the consequences of their act.
I have not yet read the book. By this review, I am interested in knowing the fate of the principal characters. It looks like a book of paranormal coupled with the life issues of every human being.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Thank you for your review and for the mention of it not being appropriate for teens. I'm a teacher, and because I cannot read every book, I rely heavily on reviews from OBC before making the decision on whether or not to add the title to our classroom book recommendations board. I greatly appreciate your honest opinion! :-) As for me, I'm not really into Paranormal Romance, but I've downloaded the book in case I change my mind. Thank you! :-)
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

While I love paranormal novels and like a good romance novel, I'm not so sure if this one is for me, partly because I would want to read other books in the series first (I'm a bit particular about that sort of thing) and partly because of the flaws mentioned in this review. I could push past them, but it seems like the novel would be missing something if it had an Australian character without Australian colloquialism. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”