GREY: Fifty Shades of Grey As Told By Christian by EL James

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Windwalker
Currently Reading: The Ways of Cats
Bookshelf Size: 15

Re: GREY: Fifty Shades of Grey As Told By Christian by EL James

Post by Windwalker »

I loved the trilogy and then fell back in love with the story through Christian's revelations. If you have ever known or been an abuse victim, you may recognize his unique attempts to deal with pain as well as feel the world around him again.

People in Christian's situation can sometimes lose the ability to feel love and acceptance, even when it is constantly surrounding them. The constant mental and emotional pain can lead to violent tendencies in the nonconsensual world. I see Mrs. Robinson's methods as an avenue for Christian to relieve pain through the release of endorphins and learning to control his responses. It allowed him the relief he needed to begin rewiring his mind.

I look at these books as truthful and insightful views of the human condition that polite society would like to close their eyes to and wish away. Humans are beautiful and complicated beings. What fixes or breaks each of us is as varied and unique as our fingerprints.
Melody1234
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melody1234.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by Melody1234 »

Yes! Even I feel in love in love with the story because of the depth of feelings the main characters showcased and the overall damaged to healed journey of Christian. Both the point of view, I suppose, were amazing!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Iara Patricia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Iara Patricia »

I love how EL James wrote the Fifty Shades Trilogy, however I didn't like this one. It's like this book summed up the other three. Although it was a bit of a short story novel, this helped me to understand what Christian Grey is feeling.
Finimale007
Favorite Book: Final Notice
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Finimale007 »

I have not read the book yet but the name fifty shades of grey sounds interesting and the review wants to make me give it a try
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I haven't gotten to read this book yet. And now I really can't wait too! I can't wait to see what goes on inside Christian's head!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”