Review of The Heart Beneath the Badge

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of The Heart Beneath the Badge

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Heart Beneath the Badge" by George T. Arnold.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The sheriff of Shady Springs, Heath Royal, visits the church for the first time in a long time, and this raises eyebrows among members of the church. At the church, Rebekka, who had been his childhood lover, signals for him to take the seat beside her. Heath and Rebekka realize that, after many years of being apart, they are still madly in love with each other. After the demise of her husband, Rebekka is saddled with the responsibility of managing the ranch alone, and when the opportunity arises for her to hand over management to Heath, her former sweetheart, she does it gleefully. This action rouses jealousy within Sherman, the foreman of the ranch, who is insanely in love with Rebekka. Convinced that Heath is an obstacle to him professing his love for Rebekka, he does the unfathomable to Rebekka, which leaves Heath horrified and almost hopeless.

As readers progress through this novel, The Heart Beneath the Badge by George T. Arnold, they will learn about a guy who, although he is described as having a strong will to carry out his duties as the sheriff, actually has a heart as soft as a chicken, as implied by the title of the book. I felt as though the material in this book was released to me in controlled bursts because I was both curious and afraid to turn each page to see what would happen next. The book ensnared its readers in a web of fervor and guts that stifled unanswered inquiries. As we watch, a feeling of admiration is also transmitted for Heath and Rebecca's love, which has endured despite their long separation.

The passion with which Rebekka and Heath overcame the falsehoods and slander spread by churchgoers as well as the perilous circumstances aimed to prevent them from discovering the depths of their love are what I find most endearing. Rebekka becomes a woman who has achieved acceptance after growing up in an orphanage without ever knowing love or security. In the eyes of noblemen, they are quick to show their love for her. Her love of painting kept her going and served as a way to break the debilitating effects of her husband's death. Her younger sister had been separated from her since birth, and both of her parents had died of illnesses she was unaware of.

Nothing about the book bothered me, and I adored how it played out. Despite several obstacles, love overcame them all. One can still experience the burnings of intimacy even as one ages, and this was beautifully illustrated in this book. Even when I assumed forgiveness would not win out, it did, and each character grew in a way that nourished the story.

The book is professionally edited. I found a few errors in it. I rate the book five out of five stars because of how much I enjoyed it and the author's creativity in bringing this engrossing tale to life. I recommend this book to lovers of romance fiction. 

The Heart Beneath the Badge
View: on Bookshelves
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

This sounds like an interesting romance novel that everyone will love to read. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for the invite through your review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I hope Sheaman doesn't kill Rebecca. The book sure has an interesting plot and I look forward to reading it. Well done!!!
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

I haven't read this book yet, but the review caught my attention right away. A book of romance involving a love triangle sounds interesting. I just hope things turn out well. Great review.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

I wonder what Sheaman did to Rebekka. I'm glad love overcame everything and Heath and Rebbekka ended up together. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

This seems like those fun mystery stories that are always wonderful to read. I really can't wait to read this book judging from your review.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

Your review is captivating. I love it.
I just hope Rebecca doesn't die.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting review. I love you clearly wrote what the book is all about. I’ll love to read this book. Well done! I’ll love to know how they were able to overcome the obstacles of their love.
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

Very detailed review. Your review included the good and not so good aspects of the book. I enjoyed the summary of it and I can conclude that it was properly written.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

Though seeing a picture of the cover page would have given me bigger clue of what this book is about together with the review. I had a nice time reading it.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

This sounds like an interesting romance story. I can't never get enough of the concept "Love conquering all" it's always beautiful to read.
okotie esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okotie-esther.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by okotie esther »

I am not a great fan of romance novels. However, this storyline is quite interesting and captivating. Rebekka really went through a lot. I would like to see how this whole story turns out. Hence, I'll add this book to my shelf.
Thank you for your wonderful review.
I think I have enough idea of what the book entails to make my decision of the next book to read.
Peter Nene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-nene.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Peter Nene »

From this review, I must say that this book is a must-read for anyone who wants to gain a deeper understanding of the complex and demanding world of law enforcement. The author’s writing seems to be both powerful and poignant, and his stories will stay with you long after you finish reading.
stella obi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by stella obi »

Thank you for this wonderful review. I love how very detailed this review is, For anyone looking a romance novel with love triangle, This has to be the novel you are looking for.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”