Review of Good Regardless

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of Good Regardless

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Good Regardless" by B. Andrea Hall.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Aisha Freeman's story is one of grief. She lost her twin sister at the age of thirteen. Aisha and her sister, Iyanla, were inseparable from birth until death took Iyanla away. Aisha did all she could to save her sister from Sepsis. She tended to her like a nurse and begged Iyanla not to die. However, it seemed Iyanla had decided to die, and she made her sister promise not to cry, as she was not leaving her but would be one with her spirit.

Certainly, Aisha did not cry at Iyanla's demise as everyone expected she would; instead, she communicated with Iyanla from within her. They were sharing a body. During this period, people thought it was weird. Even her parents thought it wise to get help from a psychiatrist, knowing that there was no grief like the grief that did not speak. This life-changing event molded Aisha's social life. She was never the same; she clung to people in her life, feeling like they would leave the next second. When they did, she felt betrayed. She wouldn't even mind staying in a toxic relationship. What lies ahead for Aisha?

This book, Good Regardless, by B. Andrea Hall, was a good read, and the experience was satisfying. It is the kind of book you keep reading to know what happens next. I loved the suspense, and I loved the fact that I could not take my eyes off the pages of this book for long. In addition, the plot pattern was a chronological one, so it made for easy understanding. The author employed flashbacks through storytelling from the mouths of the characters, for instance, Joseph telling Aisha how the twins came about or through their thoughts, like how Aisha met and parted ways with Izzy. These were little puzzle pieces that were needed for the puzzle to be complete and whole. Furthermore, I also loved the characterization. The author did this through the characters' thoughts, actions, and physical descriptions, and we were able to picture every character with their unique qualities. Finally, I found very few typographical errors, and this made me so happy. I didn't have a hard time understanding the book. I believe the book was professionally edited.

Above all, I didn't like how the book ended. As stated earlier, the book's suspense was on the high side, so I had hoped for a different ending. The ending was not as I had hoped. Nevertheless, I enjoyed every page of this book.

My rating for this book is five out of five stars. This is because of the positive aspects of this book. While I did not like the way the book ended, the book was still an amazing read. Hence, I cannot deduct a star for that sole reason.

I encourage anyone going through grief to pick up this book, as it will help you through it. I also encourage youths, especially those with low self-esteem, to read this book. Finally, if you are searching for an interesting read, then read this book.

Good Regardless
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Aisha really had a tough time. Imagine being so clingy just because you are scared of losing people. I hope she got the help she needed. Great review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Phoebe Felix
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoebe-felix.html
Latest Review: Dark Agendas of Power by Kevin Glenn

Post by Phoebe Felix »

It's not easy to deal with the death of a loved one. I can imagine what Aisha had to go through, considering the bond she shared with her sister, This is quite an emotional read. Thank you for the insightful review.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

It must have been devastating for Aisha to lose her twin sister. How did she get back on her feet emotionally? I like a well structured book for simplicity in understanding the plot. Great review.
Kirsti Friesen
Currently Reading: A wrinkle in time
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsti-friesen.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Kirsti Friesen »

This seems like it would be a great read. How awful it would be to lose your twin. I have heard that the bonds twins have are like no other and to have that taken away from you would be devastating. Definitely putting this on my to read list. Great review!
Fabbie Woods
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabbie-woods.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fabbie Woods »

Your recommendation for anyone going through grief, youths with low self-esteem, and those looking for an interesting read is greatly appreciated. The way you also described Aisha's experience with grief and how it affected her relationships was very touching.
Words seduce and pages ignite passion. Let's get lost in the tantalizing world of literature together.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”