Review of Louisa's Passion

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of Louisa's Passion

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Louisa's Passion" by Shelley Sommers.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Louisa is adamant about getting into her preferred institution and pursuing her recommended course of study. Her passion for soil and plant care prompted her to apply for an apprenticeship at a nearby winery, Watson Valley Winery. Will, the last person she expected to become accustomed to, walks in and rudely interrupts her and her supervisor's talk. Louisa's best friend, with whom she shares practically everything, including her tremendous confidence, tells her about her helpless situation. Sophie is unable to rely on her parents since she thinks they do not lavish her with love. Louisa is taken aback by Will's sudden shift in attitude, and she lowers her bars toward him. Events and emotions play out, and Will decides to take a risk to achieve a successful long-term relationship with Louisa. Only time will tell if he succeeds.

As readers read Shelley Sommers's amazing novel Louisa's Passion, a visual vision of this riveting story forms in their minds. The book discusses how love is divided into several categories, including love between parent(s) and child and love between man and woman. Louisa's readiness to be offered the overwhelming joys of fantasy only adds to the book's lushness, and Sophie's claim to be a victim of circumstance and not being loved enough accentuates the topic of apathetic love. While appreciating how Sommers crafted opposing yet closely related worlds for two central characters in the narrative, I was kept in a variety of moods. An omniscient narrative's literary style draws readers into an explicit turn of events by emphasizing the ecstasy, molestation, conflict, and success of each individual. 

I loved every aspect of the novel, notably Louisa's positive outlook on life, the way she inspired everyone around her, and the way she allowed another lady into her father's life even though she hadn't quite recovered from the death of her mother. I was impressed with how the characters evolved and changed throughout the narrative. Each element of this fictional story that inspired them is credited with inspiring their unique characteristics and roles. I was on edge as I watched Sophie battle her harasser, or "predator," as she called him, but I was happy with how things turned out. I like Will's character for the steps he took to change Louisa's perception of him, and this quality makes it seem to me that nothing is impossible for the willing heart. The book essentially discusses the idea that love must be demonstrated through actions rather than words. 

Nothing about the book bothered me. Each page turn provided a new joy as the story reached its exciting climax. The relationship between the novel's protagonists is what makes the intriguing component of the book so compelling. Thus, I rate the book five out of five stars.

I discovered no faults in the book, demonstrating how excellently well-edited it is. I recommend this book to lovers of romance thrillers.

Louisa's Passion
View: on Bookshelves
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting romance novel. I like the concept of it, I think it’s trying to reach its readers the impact of the different types of love. Well-written review!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Does Louisa impress again by Will's willingness to change? How does their relationship go? I'd like to find out. Your review is simply written, I like it.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I believe parents should always be the first love of their children. I hope Louisa's parents' attitude won't allow her to have a toxic relationship with Will. Well done!!!
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

The visual version that you mentioned speaks to the writing of this book. It sounds like quite the read!
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I appreciate this review as it has given a detailed insight into the book. Well done.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

This is a nice review. The cover implies that there will be hit romance within the pages of this book. I also like that the author talks about other forms of love.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

I live your review. It is as if I have started reading the book. I love the romance feeling I am getting from the title. The author used sweet names for the characters. That is also interesting. Looking forward to reading this book.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

While reading your review I felt like I was watching a high school movie. It was so captivating I always enjoy reading your review because of the flow of the content. I am looking forward to reading this book.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Unfortunately, I’m not any kind of fan of romance novels, so I won’t be reading this. I’m glad, though, that there are all different types of books for all different types of readers.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This is an interesting summary of this book and I have come to agree, we sometimes find love in the weirdest of places and times. I bet they both didn't know they would end up together after Will's interruption in their first encounter. Great review!
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

I love romance novels and would be delighted to read this novel. Great review!
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

I love Louisa's character, she inspired everyone around her despite losing her mum. I also hope she finds happiness with Will in her life. Nice review.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

What brought about Will's sudden change of attitude toward Louisa? I hope their relationship succeeds. Thanks for the review!
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

Many people assume that we should all have to do a professional course in college like medicine or pharmacy but that's is not the case here.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”