Review of Chasing Paradise

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Review of Chasing Paradise

Post by Temi Book »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chasing Paradise" by Cindy Patterson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Rachel Adams lost her father in a tragic accident a year ago. Her mother, Beverly Adams, is relocating the family from Pensacola, Florida, to some rural area in Lancaster County since she can no longer handle this loss. It seems strange to Rachel that she must leave school in her senior year. The major location that Beverly and her daughter were going to was Paradise. Rachel has high hopes that this location will become her "Paradise." Does it? Read on to learn more.

A young man with Amish ancestry lives on the other side of the county named Paul Fischer (their beliefs and faith are different from the rest of the world). Paul works as a builder, but business has been difficult. He has been praying to God for a change because if he doesn't, his uncle will make him work on the family farm, something he finds unappealing. Beverly Adams is looking for a handyman to help renovate her home when she happens to run into Paul in a fabric store. Paul interprets this encounter with Beverly as a sign that a change in his business is on the way. Paul assumed the daughter of his employer would be a "small girl with pigtails," and she would be making useless inquiries. He is astonished to learn that it is the attractive girl in the restaurant—an Englishwoman whom the Amish are barred from dating or courting—who caught his eye. This is the beginning of a lovely love story.

A mixture of love, romance, anguish, loss, and happiness may be found in the fictional narrative, Chasing Paradise. It is written in the third person, with Cindy Patterson switching between the perspectives of Paul and Rachel, our two primary protagonists. I'll agree that Cindy Patterson is a fantastic writer. I was immediately brought back to the romance novels I used to read as a child after reading just the first page. This novel evoked good memories. I finished it in three days because I found it so fascinating. I adore how vividly the author evoked the feelings of these characters, making it possible for readers to connect with them. Most of these feelings are well-known and relatable. Additionally, I had never heard of the Amish before, so I was interested in learning more. Even though the author of this narrative didn't provide much information about them, I was able to find the most by searching online. I was very surprised to learn that some folks simply elected not to use power and instead preferred to use lanterns.

In addition, although the author didn't specify it, I believe the setting of this novel is in the 1990s because they utilize a buggy (a cart pulled by horses) and they get married young. Another element of this book that appeals to me is the story's portrayal of the author as a devout follower of God, thanks to several Bible quotes. Additionally, the characters loved God. I have no particular favorite character. But I admire Paul's tenacity and bravery. Despite his uncle's persistent prodding, which eventually paid off, he never gave up on his dream of becoming a builder. Additionally, I had the opportunity to pick up a few words in the Amish people's native Dutch language. They use "danki" for "thank you," "jah" for what appears to be yes, and "nein" for what appears to be no. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this lovely story. It merits a score of 5 out of 5.

I don't dislike anything, but I did notice a few things. After she conducted that dangerous prank, Anna was never mentioned again, which is incorrect because, at some point in the narrative, she began hanging out with the bad guys. There ought to have been a conclusion to that section. Nothing else caught my attention besides these. I still give this item my full rating despite this. Despite being a romance novel, there is no explicit material, making it appropriate for all age groups. Just one error was discovered. So, it's been edited by a professional.

I'll suggest this to readers who enjoy romantic fiction. They'll remain intrigued, for sure.

Chasing Paradise
View: on Bookshelves
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Rachel's story sounds intriguing, and following her as she attempts to achieve her dreams of finding paradise sounds interesting. I look forward to reading the book.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I will read " Chasing Paradise" by Cindy Patterson to know if the relocation of Beverly and Rachel ended up being the "paradise" they longed for.
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

Your review kept me in suspense, I hope Racheal's hope of living in a paradise is fulfilled. I am curious to read the love story between Paul and Racheal.
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

I've not read this book before but reading your review has got me think that this book is actually going to be worth my while. Nice review!
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

Coming across your reviews is indeed a delight, as they are all well-written and give readers an insight into what to expect. Well done.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Rachael and Amish's love story seems like an interesting read and I look forward to reading about them and Rachel's time in paradise. Well done.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

First I noticed the book has a lot of themes which is a first prove that the book would be fascinating. I would love to know if she truly achieved her dream. Your review is amazing.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Change can be troubling sometimes. While I feel for Rachel for what she'd experienced because of the change, I think her mum is doing it with her best interest at heart. Great review.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

It is a painful thing to loose your loved one in this generation. Rachel Adams lost her father in a tragic accident, and I can relate to this. I will like to read this book.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Your review is interesting and well-written. I enjoyed reading it. Rachel might not be comfortable with the change, but it might be what she needed at that time. Nice review!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I enjoyed your review! It is very detailed. I like how you put research into the book and I'm glad you learned a few German words like "nein", "danki", etc. The characters seem well-developed and I like it. I think I will enjoy this book. Thanks for your wonderful review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

Chasing Paradise seems to be a good read. Paul and Rachel will probably fall in love with each other, and Rachel will find out that in moving from Pensacola, Florida, to Lancaster County, she will find paradise in her new location. Nice review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

It's disheartening to lose a loved one. I'm curious to know if Beverly and Racheal will find comfort in this rural area they are relocating to. Thanks for the great review.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

This book looks like a good read. Trials and difficulties in love are inevitable. Lovely review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”