Sincerely, Carter by Whitney G.

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
carmen0421
Currently Reading: Fisher's Light
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmen0421.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Sincerely, Carter by Whitney G.

Post by carmen0421 »

“You’re more than ‘just’ my best friend, and I never want to be ‘just friends’ again.”

Arizona and Carter started as childhood enemies and quickly evolved to best friends in elementary school. Their platonic relationship carried them through high school and the majority of college. Most people couldn’t understand how they stayed so close without crossing the blurred lines of adolescent attraction. Yet they defied the odds and stayed “just friends”. They discussed every aspect of their lives. Nothing was off limits with these two. They became even closer as they grew older, comparing stories of flirting, kissing and even sex.

Arizona is an aspiring chef who secretly attends classes at the local culinary schools. She can’t afford the tuition so she tries to quietly blend in with the other students and learn from the best of chefs in the area.

Carter is a law student, top of his class. He is wealthy, good looking and has girls always fighting for his attention.

Eventually Carter realizes that Arizona has grown into a beautiful woman and finds himself attracted to her in a way he never thought possible. Arizona discovers the same about Carter. Quickly, their platonic friendship evolves into more and neither one wants to turn back. They both are suddenly feeling more and can’t deny their overwhelming lust.

The characters quickly move from friends into an awkward stage that has everyone grasping to find out how they will move forward and face this new definition of what has always been and what is to become. How do they move on from "just friends" into lovers without losing everything?
Prim
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prim.html

Post by Prim »

I loved Sincerely, Carter ..the characters leave a lasting impression and also their friendship. The way the author has weaved the character's friendship is quite good. But the transformation of the character's friendship into love could have been better. Somewhere, it seems as if the love part is totally based on sex. The author could have done a better job there. Overall i will give it a 4/5 rating. I recommend it because its definetely a fun ride.
carmen0421
Currently Reading: Fisher's Light
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmen0421.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by carmen0421 »

I agree completely Prim. I felt as though the falling in love part of Arizona & Carter's relationship took a back seat to their passion in the beginning. However, many relationships do start that way. ;) Things definitely transformed quickly from friends to lovers but I liked the bumps in the road. Thanks for reading my review!
JillianG
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Stranger Child</a>
Currently Reading: Wreckage
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jilliang.html

Post by JillianG »

An amazing story and everything took place just as your would have hoped. The details in every scene (especially the love scenes) made you feel as if you were Arizona, and could taste, touch, smell, hear, and see Carter. Many people might overlook this book because it is a typical best friends since forever falling in love story.
kelli0808
Bookshelf Size: 801

Post by kelli0808 »

I loved this book. I loved the chemistry ( love scenes) and witty banter between Arizona and Carter. I actually did laugh out loud in a couple of spots in the book.
Chromia21
Currently Reading: My fairy godmother must be on a strike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chromia21.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Chromia21 »

I highly recommend this book as well! I read it in a matter of hours!! Amazing chemistry and attraction that comes with having a male best friend. I wish she would do a sequel
ktom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktom.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by ktom »

Hi, I think I'm a little late to this party lol, but I just started reading romance erotica novels and hadn't really found any that held my interest until I read Naughty Boss by Whitney G. So, I searched our forum but there's no discussion yet on this book yet, but I saw this post and am intrigued by your review. Have you read much from the author? Just looking to see if anyone has read many of her other books, or has any others they enjoy reading.
Great review, thanks for sharing!
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." - Henry James
Sudhanshu8

Post by Sudhanshu8 »

Was a good experience reading it. These are such moments which come in everybody's life. And yes many of us might have experienced it. I truly will like to read the next part of it.
Melzel07

Post by Melzel07 »

Nice book!
britt0124

Post by britt0124 »

Love love love this! Reminds me of how my relationship began with the whole friendship turning into a relationship! The characters chemistry is astonishing! Chemistry is a big part of a relationship and these two share something magical from my opinion. Definitely a great read!
Claire Zondo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-zondo.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Claire Zondo »

Absolutely loved the book! Friends to lovers is one of my favourite tropes, I enjoy following the journey of the main characters and their relationship going from friendship to romantic.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Billboards Across America by D.J. Parsons

Post by Kendal Low »

I absolutely adore the childhood friends to lovers trope! This book sounds right up my alley.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”