Why "Fifty Shades Freed" is the best of the trilogy

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chey_nicole
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chey-nicole.html
Latest Review: "A Good Boy" by Anthony Andre

Icon Why "Fifty Shades Freed" is the best of the trilogy

Post by Chey_nicole »

The third book of the trilogy "Fifty Shades of Grey" goes by the name of "Fifty Shades Freed." This book is different than the other two for the main reason being that Anastasia really begins to fight back against Christians anger. I felt like the third book opened up the door to the true personalities of the Grey couple. For so long they had been trying so hard to just do what the other would want and finally they show their true colors. I also enjoyed the abundance of plot twists that occurred in this book. You think everything is perfect and it can only keep going up and then bam! something totally unexpected happens. At first, I was disappointed on how E.L. James cut out some scenes that seemed really important, but as you continue to read you understand that removing those details and further conversations leads to more emphasis on what the book is really trying to portray. The third and final book of the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy is, by far, the best because it gives us important invite on who the characters really are and it brings a sense of normality to the relationship.
Latest Review: "A Good Boy" by Anthony Andre
A-Mo
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-mo.html

Post by A-Mo »

Fifty Shades Freed was very different from the other two in this trilogy as mentioned in the original post. I felt that the third book seemed out of place in comparison but made reading the other two worth it. I would agree that emotionally this third installment allows the couple some sense of normalcy in their relationship - until the end. I have never wanted to throw my e-reader against the wall until the last section of this book. It's funny how easily one fictional reaction of a character can leave a bad taste in your mouth for the leading male.
dreamcatcherie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamcatcherie.html

Post by dreamcatcherie »

CAUTION, THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS POST:

While I could continue the argument of the book Fifty Shades FREED being the best of the trilogy, I'd like to argue that I think Fifty Shades Darker is better. It actually functions to get the reader to understand just exactly who Christian is and how he can change over time. I think it establishes his personality better and exactly why FREED needed to be made because we needed to see that change in him over time. It also establishes the doubt more in Anastasia's case where she has tests to see if she is enough for what Christian needs and if he can accept only what she can give.

As much as I love Freed because of all the plot twists and the heartbreak and the emotional breakdowns, Darker is the reason that all that happens. Darker takes us deeper into the situation and problems between Christian and Ana and between Christian and himself. I just have to argue that point because of the simple fact we get a lot from Christian in Darker.

Freed is just the ending, in which is suppose to close and make us feel happy. We understand who exactly Ana and Christian are and we get to see a change in the ending because of all that has happened in Darker.
dreamcatcherie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dreamcatcherie.html

Post by dreamcatcherie »

Also in Fifty Shades Darker, we experience a lot of Christians past like with Leila and his relationship with her. Like when Leila held Ana at gunpoint and we see the anger in his eyes. We get more emotionally from him, but it develops more in FREED because we see a change in that anger over time. Another instance is when Christian announces the engagement and Ms. Robinson gets angry and then the mother overhears Christian and Robinson arguing. Christian is able to tell his mother about everything and grow more and develop more in Darker then Freed. Freed is just the plot twist.

Also Ana is able to grow closer with Kate because Kate finds out about the BDSM thing and she can tell her stuff, but not too much stuff about her situation.
K_Kaori
Currently Reading: The Saltwater Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-kaori.html

Post by K_Kaori »

I enjoyed each book of the trilogy as it all had revelations about Christian.

-- 27 Jun 2016, 18:03 --
dreamcatcherie wrote:CAUTION, THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS POST:

While I could continue the argument of the book Fifty Shades FREED being the best of the trilogy, I'd like to argue that I think Fifty Shades Darker is better. It actually functions to get the reader to understand just exactly who Christian is and how he can change over time. I think it establishes his personality better and exactly why FREED needed to be made because we needed to see that change in him over time. It also establishes the doubt more in Anastasia's case where she has tests to see if she is enough for what Christian needs and if he can accept only what she can give.

As much as I love Freed because of all the plot twists and the heartbreak and the emotional breakdowns, Darker is the reason that all that happens. Darker takes us deeper into the situation and problems between Christian and Ana and between Christian and himself. I just have to argue that point because of the simple fact we get a lot from Christian in Darker.

Freed is just the ending, in which is suppose to close and make us feel happy. We understand who exactly Ana and Christian are and we get to see a change in the ending because of all that has happened in Darker.
I agree

-- 27 Jun 2016, 18:06 --
dreamcatcherie wrote:CAUTION, THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS POST:

I agree
Fati-bola
Currently Reading: Rogue Captain
Bookshelf Size: 329
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fati-bola.html
Latest Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Fati-bola »

I will not say Fifty Shades Freed is the best of the trilogy. It is the conclusion and it ended well. I believe Fifty Shades Darker is the best because we get to know how much Ana could endure of Christian's past and if she was will to go the whole hog. We learn that Christian is determined to make this new found relationship work. We also see the many obstacles standing in the way of their 'vanilla' relationship. For me, it is the most rounded in terms of plot and storyline of the three.
theblowersdaughter

Post by theblowersdaughter »

<r><QUOTE author="Fati-bola" post_id="801104" time="1514653334" user_id="281818"><s>
Fati-bola wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 12:02</s>
I will not say Fifty Shades Freed is the best of the trilogy. It is the conclusion and it ended well. I believe Fifty Shades Darker is the best because we get to know how much Ana could endure of Christian's past and if she was will to go the whole hog. We learn that Christian is determined to make this new found relationship work. We also see the many obstacles standing in the way of their 'vanilla' relationship. For me, it is the most rounded in terms of plot and storyline of the three.
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

I agree! Also, I personally think that the plot of Freed is like a little bit in rush. I mean, so many things happened in a short time, like the author EL James was trying to complete a series of tasks instead of telling a story. Plus, I truely don't think that it's a good idae to "ship" Mia, Christian's little sister and Ethan, Kate's brother. It's soooooo weird!</r>
Kinkini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinkini.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Kinkini »

Fifty Shades Freed was either written in a rush, or there was too much to write and too little space. Well, it read like that, too much crammed into a single book. Although most of the series felt like an erotic fairy tale, Anastacia did not feel like a real character at all.
Martha40
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Martha40 »

Fifty shades darker had a nice conclusion ,although it was too brief. Many scenes happened so fast. I'd say Fifty Shades Freed is the Best of the Trilogy
Wealthy
Currently Reading: Worth the risk
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Wealthy »

I loved each book of the fifty shades triology and i think that fifty shades freed is the best of the triology because it showed a new insight of who christian truly is, his emotional roller coaster and all. And all the plot twists were just amazing and exciting. Plus the happy ending, i loved the ending of the book so much, i mean who would have thought that the christian grey of fifty shades of grey would become a loving, caring father and husband in fifty shades freed. I just love it.
Bewa
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades Darker
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bewa.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Bewa »

I loved 'Fifty Shades Freed' I must say. Their love was more mature, and getting Christian to be more open just made it better. Loved every word!
Carluica
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Carluica »

I loved this she is not afraid to anything a bad ass Christian head out heel that's enough to step on the line
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

I really liked Fifty Shades Freed. The story totally justifies the title of the novel. They grew up with each other in their own way.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

"Fifty Shades Freed" is different from the other two in the series because it showed how Anna opposed and brought the good in Christian. I loved this part the most.
-R
MissusC2018
Favorite Book: The Constant Princess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by MissusC2018 »

I believe that every book of the trilogy has its pros and cons. I personally found Fifty Shades Darker to be the most enlightening of the trilogy. We know that in the first one Christian tries to fight the issues he has simply because he's starting to have feelings for Anastasia. The second one shows us that even though someone can have deep scarring due to traumatic events in the past, that with the right person they can progress and get past those scars. A lot of people consider only the erotica part of Fifty Shades but I find the story deeper than that to be more exhilarating. Christian went from a broken man who thought he would never find love to a man who was willing to be a husband, father, and Survivor.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”