Why "Fifty Shades Freed" is the best of the trilogy

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Molly Watson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Why "Fifty Shades Freed" is the best of the trilogy

Post by Molly Watson »

I 100% agree with this. I always used to get backlash from people when I told them I had read the Fifty Shades Trilogy, however those who haven’t read it don’t know just how much of the book is actually about love and finding yourself. The second book is by far my favourite, there is more drama and a deeper form of relationship here that they start to develop from the first book and the beginning of this one. I definitely advise reading this.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

MissusC2018 wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 18:19 I believe that every book of the trilogy has its pros and cons. I personally found Fifty Shades Darker to be the most enlightening of the trilogy. We know that in the first one Christian tries to fight the issues he has simply because he's starting to have feelings for Anastasia. The second one shows us that even though someone can have deep scarring due to traumatic events in the past, that with the right person they can progress and get past those scars. A lot of people consider only the erotica part of Fifty Shades but I find the story deeper than that to be more exhilarating. Christian went from a broken man who thought he would never find love to a man who was willing to be a husband, father, and Survivor.
I totally agree. I see the story as a message saying anyone can change and that the past, though it scars you, you can move on from it. Christian Grey is indeed a survivor.
Sh Gl
Currently Reading: Heartaches
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sh Gl »

Hi guys :D
I agree with you.
The third book was the best of the three.
I feel like when you have a strong connection to the characters and you really see the changes they are going through, it makes the book much better.
When a "non-romantic" man become romantic - for me - it's the best part of the book.
when Christian started to change, I was so happy.
We discover more and more about him in the whole series, but in the last book - we got the last parts of the puzzle. BEST FEELING EVER.
without any spoilers, I must say the book is great (and the whole series is in big MUST READ letters for me.)
Thank you for reading,
Books Girl~
faychem
Currently Reading: The Mistaken Billionaire
Bookshelf Size: 49

Post by faychem »

Fifty shades freed is the best of the trilogy. Ana finally can be her own woman is bolder in her relationship with Christian. It is also the happy ending. Who doesn't love a happy ending..
Eyeson_me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Eyeson_me »

I love reading every series of the book fifty shades of grey because it shows the other face of a person that someone has. Reading it somehow enlightened me on how to appreciate every essence that it tries to convey. I really enjoy it.
Samrawit6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Samrawit6 »

In my opinion the first book is more thrilling than the last. The last gave up the issue that made the book interesting in the first place and it run for the happily ever after.
nonamer_miss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonamer-miss.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by nonamer_miss »

I like Fifty Shades Darker because it is where Christian truly loved Anastasia. I actually enjoyed the whole trilogy.
mlmims45
Currently Reading:

Post by mlmims45 »

Honestly, I do not think Fifty Shades Freed was the best book in the Fifty Shades trilogy. I felt as though it was rushed and all the stuff she wanted to fit into the book did not match the length of the book. The book was fast and abruptly ended. Maybe, she should have written another book or even two more. Then, the story would have not been cut so short. I just needed more story in the third book. Or at least, another book so then she could have timed out the third story better. From her finding out she was pregnant, to the whole Jack situation, Mia getting kidnapped, then them starting their family was literally squeezed into one book. We barely got any "tea" of the wedding and the honeymoon. The whole book felt rushed and "I am kind of over this story now so let me just be done for God's sake" (lol). I would have loved a fourth book, and of course this is all just my opinion!
Christinabooklover
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinabooklover.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Christinabooklover »

Spoilers ahead
I enjoyed the trilogy but I believe darker was more interesting. We could see understand Christian' character better. Also in the second book their romance was a bit more normal. I did not enjoy so much the third because it seemed a little rush at points. Anna should have trusted more her husband at the time of kidnapping as she did in previous problems. It seemed to me as a mechanism to continue the plot.
Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.” – JK Rowling
Amyra27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amyra27.html
Latest Review: Triplicity by J Mercer

Post by Amyra27 »

Fifty shades of freed is different from the other two books as they fall in love in this book. The book showcases their love and how they get past all the issues together.
Latest Review: Triplicity by J Mercer
sri varshini303041
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sri-varshini303041.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by sri varshini303041 »

I personally liked Fifty Shades Darker better. The first book was a whirlwind of emotions. but the second book gave an actual insight into the character of the book. The subtle changes in Christian were sweet and how Ana grew and matured from being a girl to a young lady was mesmerizing to read. But, I also enjoyed Fifty shades Freed because Ana stands up for herself in this book instead cowering in the shadow of Christian. And, only in the last part, I was able to consider Christian and Ana as a normal couple. Till then they were very much away from reality. Freed portrayed how Christian would handle Normal things like pregnancy, fight and disobedience. Freed also opened up more about Christian and I appreciate for the closure the book gave me. I couldn't ask for a more perfect final book.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I think I enjoyed the second one more but this one was great too.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

I think the book went beyond just sex and BDSM towards love and emotions and also has a thriller touch to it.
Mandunduuu31

Post by Mandunduuu31 »

It us a good book but I think Dark is the best I just love it dat Ana is standing her ground and the relationship is more mature
Nne_nna

Post by Nne_nna »

Ana became more and control and said things the way she wanted them to be done. She became more confrontational which I think Christian loved. This fifty shades freed actually explains the other fifty shades (grey and darker)

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”