Review of Looking Glass Friends

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
theprophetofpoetry
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theprophetofpoetry.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Review of Looking Glass Friends

Post by theprophetofpoetry »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Looking Glass Friends" by E L Neve.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Looking Glass Friends is beautifully and poetically well written by E L Neve , with excerpts and references to many poets it flows beautifully. It is easy on the ears and an enjoyable listen. The narrator does a nice job of reading with some excitement, keeping the reader engaged.

A scandalous and suspenseful story of a budding romance starting in conflict as the two already married to other people. A question of true love and how life plays out. Is it okay to find love with someone else in a loveless marriage? What happens when you stumble upon love within a friend? Do you give it up? A story that is sadly well known for too many love and lifeless relationships. One of the characters is a poet and a book enthusiast, I feel a lot of readers can identify with that and enjoy it. Sticking to true romanticism tells a story of romance, love, love affair, and intimacy without breaking the barrier of explicit erotic sex. While there has been mentions of sex, there has been no explicit sexual details. There is a long anticipated sex scene, but it is very mild in comparison to erotic.

I personally enjoy the literature and poetry references. It’s beautiful and flows well with the story, giving it a unique and a possible E L Neve personal flare. I like that it's not like most romance novel full of clichés and I usually find boring. But this gives a new light to romance novels for me. I like that it’s based off a realistic relationship scenario, that a reader may find relatable. It's suspenseful and scandalous, keeping the reader engaged all the way to the end. I don’t think there was one dull chapter. I like that it doesn’t rely on hot and heavy explicit sexual content, instead it sticks true to romanticism leaning on intimacy and true love.

I'm usually not a fan of romance novels, but this was very enjoyable. I feel like its an original story that is very well written. I really do not have anything negative to say about Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve. Although this is my first novel I've read from the author, if this is anything showing what to expect from E L Neve I have become a fan.

I rate Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve 5 out of 5 stars. This was perfect to me and well written. E L Neve has given romantic literature a new light.

I feel that not just romance fans will enjoy this but also fans of poetry as the two work hand in hand here to deliver a beautiful piece of romanticism literature.

Looking Glass Friends
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”