Unlaced by Kristina Cook

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
K Venne
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-venne.html

Unlaced by Kristina Cook

Post by K Venne »

LOVED IT! If you are a fan of historical romances then you will love this book. The author has a similar feel to her writing as Diana Gabaldon for Outlander, who is my favourite author.

I must admit that when I first saw this book that the cover art sort of put me off a bit, as it hints that it may be more of a harlequin romance. Nothing wrong with that, but those aren't really my cup of tea. Ironically enough, the first book I posted about "The Hanover Square Affair" has the exact same cover art. I'm not sure what's going on there, but the two books couldn't be any more different.

Unlaced is a love story about Miss Abbington (Lucy) and Lord Mandeville, a Marquess (Henry).

Lucy is a beautiful young woman who's grown up in the country with her father and aunt, but is spending a season in London for her coming out. However Lucy isn't like most women and has set her sights on a very unconventional goal. Her plans in London don't include finding a husband (only putting up a charade of finding one). Her real goal is to be able to attend the veterinary college to study so that she can have a practice of her own in the country. Which is extremely scandalous in this time.

As much as Lucy is not looking for a husband, she has quite a few suitors and finds herself developing feelings for Lord Mandeville. Whom on countless occasions has made it clear that he's not currently looking for a wife and if he was that she is well below his station, and that he will marry well.

I loved the drama in this book and all the twists and turns. It's predictable and not predictable at the same time.

I would highly recommend this book. I'm really looking forward to reading more books by Kristina Cook.
memory
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-memory.html
Latest Review: "Rogue & Royal" by Alan S. Blood

Post by memory »

I agree, this is a great book with a really good female lead character as I adored Lucy.
Latest Review: "Rogue & Royal" by Alan S. Blood

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”