Review of Forbidden Love

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Review of Forbidden Love

Post by Alex Reeves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Forbidden Love" by Dee Rose.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

LGBTQ is a trending topic in American society today, and it is no surprise that some authors have decided to utilize the subject and weave it into fascinating stories. Forbidden Love by Dee Rose is one such story, and the drama within it is certain to blow your mind. Jesse and Mark are best friends from high school, and during a particular gym session, Mark, who is gay, finds out that he harbors romantic feelings for Jesse. He doesn't disclose his feelings but hides them safely for many years, seeking the right opportunity to open up. Jesse gets married to his high school girlfriend, Annika, and Mark is forced to tone down his unearthly feelings for his best friend so he won't disrupt their marriage. Eventually, Mark is diagnosed with a massive tumor in his brain, and he is given a few months to live. One fateful night, while Mark and Jesse had their usual hangovers, Mark spilled the truth about his infatuation with Jesse and told him how long he'd been in love with him. Here's what to look out for: Will Jesse give Mark the beating of his life despite his tumor for making advances at him, a married man, and disrespecting their friendship, or will he give Mark his best goodbye gift in the form of a hot romantic shower of love and sex? If you're in for a delight, hurry and get a copy of this book.

Sincerely speaking, I wasn't thoroughly intrigued when I realized this book was about LGBTQ. However, while reading on, I felt the same vibe I feel when I read romance novels with straight characters. The author did a good job with his plot, and I must confess that he saved the best part of this book for the end. The ending was tragic, but it is interesting to note that it was quite humorous, and Mark made a very hilarious revelation to Jesse that stunned me as much as it stunned him. I took delight in Jesse's character development and understood why Mark fell so hard for him. The book was very engaging, and I applaud the author for his eventful storyline, which kept me glued until the end. You might want to check this book out.

A major negative aspect of this book is its poor editing, as the book contains some punctuation and grammatical errors that could have been easily omitted by simple proofreading. This factor drastically reduced my appreciation of this book, and I hope this is not repeated in the future. This book is a romance novel, so the fact that it contains numerous mature themes and profane texts should not be unexpected. A situation such as this likely means that this book is unsuitable for the young-minded, and I discourage the reading of this book by a child. On the other hand, the sexual escapades present in this book were a bit over-digressed, and to garner a larger audience, toning them down would have done more good than harm. Apart from these, I did not discover anything negative about this book.

This book was poorly edited, and due to this and the factor mentioned above, I rate it 3 out of 5 stars. However, this is from my standpoint, and I believe that someone else may have a better opinion of the book. All the same, check it out if it's of any interest to you.

I recommend this book to romance lovers, especially those who do not have a problem reading books about LGBTQ characters. If you're one of them, what are you doing today?

Forbidden Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Ophiohonren Hiram
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Hate U Give
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ophiohonren-hiram.html
Latest Review: Symposium of the Reaper by Andrew Adams

Post by Ophiohonren Hiram »

I love how you ended your review with a question 😂. It's really compelling and I can feel a subtle nudge to read this.
CrossK
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

A major negative aspect of this book is its poor editing, as the book contains some punctuation and grammatical errors that could have been easily omitted by simple proofreading. This should be worked on.
Tamara Bengesai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

LBTQ are judged by society at many times. I have learnt not to judge but learn and respect what other people believe in. I would love to read this book to see what it offers.
Rodney Gamboa
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rodney Gamboa »

Society nowadays are very judgemental, and this is why so many gay, lesbian, trans, unisex, etc what ever you sexuality you've chosen, are afraid and scared to come out, Being bullied by activists and straight orientation and so on, Society needs to come to a realization that, You are who you are, who you choose to be, No one has to like your choice but you and you only...
Ohmy Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Ohmy Book »

You have written an amazing review. I love your clear way of presenting your thoughts. I am interested in knowing the end and hence I might pick this book up. And to answer your question as to what am I doing today, I am reading a book on spirituality by Ananta Ripa Ajmera, titled The Way of the Goddess.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”