Review: The After Series by Anna Todd

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yashi28
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Review: The After Series by Anna Todd

Post by Yashi28 »

I just loved the story! The book is definitely addictive. I completed reading all the books in just 3 days! As soon as I finished reading the first book, I wanted to know what happens in the end. Loved all the characters in the book except Molly (obviously 😏) . But Hardin and Tessa's story was the best !
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

This series is just awesome. The way Anna Todd has presented both the protagonists that their pain, their suffering, makes you fall in love with them. Though honestly, there was a lot of toxicity in their relationship but still, one cannot get enough of them. There is romance, angst, drama and the combination of it all makes it a really good read.
SoftyCodger

Post by SoftyCodger »

I'm not sure if I actually loved, or even liked, this series. In fact, I nearly dropped it after book 1, because the idiotic behavior of Tessa and Hardin, and the generally poor writing, was off-putting. Then I admitted to myself that I had somehow gotten hooked on Hessa, and read the remaining 4 books in a week, kicking myself the whole time. The angst level is just off the charts, and the need to see how it all came out was just compelling. I just finished Before this afternoon, and will probably be an emotional mess for a day or so. :oops:
Anita Amy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Anita Amy »

I just finished only one series. But I really love this series so much because this story is just literally same and touches my heart. When I read this series I just felt so incredible and interest to read other stories or After series that wrote by Anna Todd. My kindly request you all must read this book or whole series. This story just made me wow! Please please read this series now!!!!!! When I read this series I can visualize Tessa and Hardin just reading it in my mind. They both really made for each other. This series contains love, passion, desire, hate, betrayal, trust and more. You guys also must watch movie that turn this series to new kind of romantic movie.
Alana Rey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alana-rey.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by Alana Rey »

I absolutely looooved this series. I this I have read the whole series 3-4 times. I read it on Wattpad the first time, it was one of the first book I read so it has a special place in my heart
Karishma Sivnath
Favorite Book: Unexpected Enemy
Currently Reading: Walking Disaster
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karishma-sivnath.html
Latest Review: Unexpected Enemy by Tim Cagle

Post by Karishma Sivnath »

SoftyCodger wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 15:33 I'm not sure if I actually loved, or even liked, this series. In fact, I nearly dropped it after book 1, because the idiotic behavior of Tessa and Hardin, and the generally poor writing, was off-putting. Then I admitted to myself that I had somehow gotten hooked on Hessa, and read the remaining 4 books in a week, kicking myself the whole time. The angst level is just off the charts, and the need to see how it all came out was just compelling. I just finished Before this afternoon, and will probably be an emotional mess for a day or so. :oops:
I actually had a similar feeling - I'm not sure if I enjoyed the series or not - but I got hooked on their relationship and eventually finished the story. I did feel that there was a lot of toxic behavior in their relationship - things I would never have stuck around for in my own relationship, yet I somehow wanted a happy ending for them :?
Manaliiiii___
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Manaliiiii___ »

Very intense nd erotic storyline with amazing characters... Really enjoyed this book..
Highly recommended for the genre of romance :)
Abhirami e mohandas

Post by Abhirami e mohandas »

This book brought me to a complete awe. It was truly intruiging sometimes. The book has depth of its own or a kind of gravity which intensely pulls the reader to it. It also create a vibe of curiosity in readers mind.Its like transporting us to a different world or the world of imagination. Its gives me great happiness to review this book
Vaishnavi Singh 8

Post by Vaishnavi Singh 8 »

This book after by inspiring it has movies also,and although the movie is romentic and very nice for true lovers .i didn't read the book but i watched the movie after ,but book is very nice i just read a few page .it shows a lovers can love eachother after all the bad situations.
3Shells
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3shells.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by 3Shells »

The After series really played with your emotions. I had to take "breaks" whilst reading to recover. When you think Hardin and Tessa worked out their issues and are finally in a good place; something unexpected takes place. Although their love can be described as unhealthy, I truly love the way that they find themselves back to each other.
Priyankaaa18
Currently Reading: Thirteen Reasons Why
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankaaa18.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Priyankaaa18 »

After series is one of the best series I have ever read. I have read both the versions of the story ( wattpad and published versions). At times while reading the book it felt as if I was able to connect with Hardin's characters.
_aksh08_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by _aksh08_ »

I love this ❤️ book alot 😍 it's all about feel of love,care and everything this book make me cry.. it's just awesome
the_ashfeathers
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-ashfeathers.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by the_ashfeathers »

I did read it, first and midway through the second book. I didn't like it, most of the time I just wanted to enter the screen of my device and just shut up everyone. Hardin was such a toxic character, he kept making mistakes, so many lies. He cheated on her multiple times. Told her that he had intercourse with Molly just to generate a reaction from Tessa. I don't think I would ever be able to trust a person after the webbed lies he told Tessa. I despise him with a passion, and Tessa too. She ALWAYS took him back in. Throughout the books, I just read love, fights, betrayal, love, fights, and fights. It was unreal, their relationship was traumatic, fighting every day would have drained me so much. I'd have wanted to end it all (the relationship). The book is a bad-boy-good-girl taken too far.
"Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck." ~ Will Herondale (Cassandra Clare)
readlikejess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readlikejess.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by readlikejess »

I absolutely love this series!! I actually haven’t finsihed reading the whole series. I guess I’ll go back to reading from the start now.
aliza ismail

Post by aliza ismail »

I've read this book once and I'm absolutely in love with it, the book has more emotions than the movies coming out and people who've read it on wattpad are basically my family. I would love to read it again! amazing plot, story and romance. wish I could read it again for the first time to experience all that again, but I've already read it till the end!! :(

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”